Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Help me Decide !

2K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  jsexton 
#1 ·
I know this is an Xterra forum but because the Frontier is so similar and I like this forum and I'd rather not join a Frontier forum to ask this.

I'm getting a new truck in a week or so. I've narrowed down my choices to the 2014 Frontier Pro4-X and the 2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4WD (surprised?). Why should I buy Nissan over Toyota? (Yes, I'm seriously asking this) Please don't :violent3: me to bad.

The Xterra isn't in the cards. I prefer a truck with a truck bed.

THANKS!

#4 ·
I have owned several Toyotas and I can't really say anything bad about any of them. My 2014 Xterra is my first Nissan and I like it just as well. I actually like the motor in the X, which is the same as in the Frontier, a little better. It seems to have more low-end power and does a little better job pulling my TT than my last Tacoma. I really don't think you can go wrong with either brand. They are both rock solid reliable with the Nissan costing a little less giving you a little better bang for your buck. Just my thoughts.

#6 ·
I have both an X and a Fronty. We tried the Taco's when we bought the Fronty, and they were a lot more money, have less HP, and the VQ40 engine is bulletproof and won a ton of awards. I certainly wouldn't mind a Taco, but its not worth the money. The Taco guys will tell you the Fronty has too large a turn radius, but its only minor difference (its like 40 vs 43 feet). Also, we were looking at the lower end ones, and the Taco cloth was that velvety crap that gets dirty and you can never clean. If your looking at leather in both, which I am guessing you are, then it probably wouldn't matter.

As a personal matter I hate the spray in bedliner, but that might just be me.

Its honestly doubtful you would be unhappy with either.

#10 ·
Dude, I thought after two years you were back! I got all excited, and now I hear you are thinking about going to Toyota? :sad11:

#12 ·
LOL. I haven't bought anything yet. I like both trucks, just want to make the best choice because I will have this thing for a while.

#13 ·
One thing I don't like about the Tacoma is how bubbly it looks, but thats my personal preference.
My good friend has a '13 Tacoma TRD, and I don't know if they all come with the fake hood scoop, but I find that it really interferes with my forward vision compared to the smooth hood of the Frontier/Xterra.

#18 ·
If I didn't hunt, I'd get another Xterra, but cleaning dead deer out of the back is annoying. That's why I'm looking at the Frontier.

#16 ·
I hate to say this, but the Toy will have better resale... So, any difference in purchase price is negligible.

#21 ·
Since you will never mod your purchase...consider the availability of aftermarket parts/services.

Toyota = vast

Nissan = boutique...that forum members love to opine/whine/b!tch about when they don't receive the self entitled service normally afforded Wal Martians. :thumbup:

#23 ·
Here's what I brought home. Not a Pro4-X because I couldn't get them down enough on one however, I did get this SV with the all the extra's for a great price. Pretty happy with my decision.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.