Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Discussion starter · #23 ·
Haha, i saw the video on You tube. The pink jeep drivers as a whole are pretty annoying. They act like they have some sort of god given right to the trail because they make money off of it. I was out there a couple of years ago, and they were directing jeeps to pull over for them, acting like they owned the land, not the Forest Service.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
So I was looking again at my driveshaft/differential angle, and it looks like the shims when installed might have been too much. ie: My vibration got better, because it went to the ideal spot, and then some. It now looks like the differential angle is pointed higher than the driveshaft is coming in at. Perhaps getting a 2 degree might fix this problem, and straighten this thin out? Anybody have a problem with this happening with their 3 degree shims. I think what is happening, is for some reason my shackles are causing the angle to be tweaked slightly up, instead of having no affect.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Yeah, i have read through that thread. The problem is that my driveshaft appears to be very touch for some reason. According to both my mechanic, and Greg at PRG, the angle my driveline is at should be fine, well within range. However, like I said, the shims made the angle swing the other way.

I tried different shackle settings, and the notch down (very bottom on shackle), and the vibration 'seemed' to get a little bit better overall. The next higher setting was worse, and the top hole was the worst. Assuming that the shackle is increasing the differential angle toward the sky, this makes perfect sense.

My conclusion remains that I went past the mark I needed, and if the shims greg sent me were indeed 3 degree, then 2 should do the trick.

Creek: I will check the events forum

When I used to live in Sedona I'd stop the Pink Jeep convoys by riding in front of them on my mountain bike. Nothing like cutting off a PJ then blasting by it downhill on a bike..ruins the illusion of "danger" that they like to pawn off on their customers. lol

It's impossible to install your leaf springs backwards. How on earth would that happen, they can only go in one way?

Discussion starter · #35 ·
I just checked mine. The longer side is forward on both sides. Damn, I wish that was my problem, haha. If it is my pinion angle, its insanely close as it is. Not sure why it is picking on me. Does anybody happen to know their diff angle and driveshaft angle?

Discussion starter · #37 ·
I would think that you might have some problems if they weren't. I checked mine...fine. I honestly wish that was it. Oh well, my 2 degree shims got here today, will be put in tomorrow. Hopefully the shimmy goes away!

Ok, there's does not seem to have been enough pictures or usefull information to the issue that was brought up. I have the Deavers, PRG shackles, and the shims that Greg sent (not real sure of the angle, 2 or 3 deg). But, I'm going to post my pictures for you guys to see. I have no driveline vibration, and had very little if any before the shackles. My order of adding was Deavers, Deavers with shim, Deaver with same shim and shackles.

1. Driveline angle with Deavers before shims.

2. Driveline angle with Deavers and PRG Shackles on center setting. A very small upward angle, but not bad at all compared to no shim.

3. Spring seperation that is only caused by the spring pads that seems to be normal.

4. Don't forget if you have a front of rear axle bumpstop, take out the bolt of the Deaver spring guide. It will hit.

Damn turtle, i thought the underside of my X was rusty! Your spring pack and skidplate look like you picked them up from the bottom of the ocean. I just finished spraying two coats of rustoleum black paint on my deaver pack. Hopefully next week ill be installing the whole PRG lift kit.

That would be from the wonderful world of northeaster Ohio road salt. And I didn't paint my gas tank skid quit well. After a spray down though most of the rust will show on the aftermarket items more that stock parts.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.