Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
2,868 Posts
Recently upgraded your alternator, right?

From the 2009 Nissan FSM: P1550 BATTERY CURRENT SENSOR
Component Description INFOID:0000000004063960
The power generation voltage variable control enables fuel con-
sumption to be decreased by reducing the engine load which is
caused by the power generation of the generator. The battery cur-
rent sensor is installed to the battery cable at the negative terminal.
The sensor measures the charging/discharging current of the bat-
tery. Based on the sensor signal, ECM judges whether or not the
power generation voltage variable control is performed. When per-
forming the power generation voltage variable control, ECM calcu-
lates the target power generation voltage based on the sensor
signal. And ECM sends the calculated value as the power genera-
tion command value to IPDM E/R. For the details of the power gen-
eration voltage variable control, refer to CHG-6, "System
Description".
[email protected]/471D

·
on line
14,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This has got to caused by my new mean green alternator.
what do you think?

The mean green throws 200 amps at top rpm and yesterday I was going to high RPMs because of power loss on hill with the trailer in tow.

·
on line
13,467 Posts
"code P1550 is a manufacturer's code for Nissan, so most universal ECU readers won't tell you what it is specifically,

but that specific code for NIssan is for your TCC Solenoid Valve, or Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid valve
...unless that has to do with the carbon canister and evap solenoid I dont see how that was triggered..."

"I had that code before and it seems to only come on for me when i let my gas tank get low and then i fill it up, if i just fill it up before the low fuel light come on i dont see it. first thing i did was change the gas cap but that wasnt it. so currently dont know what it is but i might have to look at the evap canister, should happen to an 09 though!!!!"

Random infiniti forum finds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So, new here, but my 2008 Xterra S 4x4 threw this code today, kicked the ABS and VDC lights on, a couple others as well, didn't get to see those clearly. Anyways. About 10sec after the lights came on there was an Audible "click" under the driver's seat and the lights shut off. Checked my OBDII reader and it gave me the P1550. Now she needs three new Cats. So idk if that would trigger it, but any advice would help.

Thanks,

Brett

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
So, new here, but my 2008 Xterra S 4x4 threw this code today, kicked the ABS and VDC lights on, a couple others as well, didn't get to see those clearly. Anyways. About 10sec after the lights came on there was an Audible "click" under the driver's seat and the lights shut off. Checked my OBDII reader and it gave me the P1550. Now she needs three new Cats. So idk if that would trigger it, but any advice would help.

Thanks,

Brett
P1550 is your battery current sensor, and has nothing to do with your catalytic converters at all. The ECU is telling you the current sensor isn't reporting to the ECU so the charging system can't shut itself off to save a small amount of gas by not charging when not needed. The default when in this state is to just let the alternator do its thing which should cause no issues other than the code.

You have any other codes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
P1550 is your battery current sensor, and has nothing to do with your catalytic converters at all. The ECU is telling you the current sensor isn't reporting to the ECU so the charging system can't shut itself off to save a small amount of gas by not charging when not needed. The default when in this state is to just let the alternator do its thing which should cause no issues other than the code.

You have any other codes?
Over the last few months I've been getting the P1614 for my security and the P0430 Bank 2 Emissions code. But other then that, no. The Bank 2 is getting fixed shortly. But like you said. Doesn't effect the P1550. I did have a mouse nest found in the dashboard a few years ago when the Heater Core was replaced but nothing else. To my knowledge.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts