Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have a 2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x with automatic transmission. I have a 3 day festival pass that I accidentally cinched around the base of the gear shift. The festival wont replace it. I've searched and searched and tried to remove the cinched pass, watching how to videos, etc., but nothing has worked so I'm thinking it might be time to look at other options. Has anyone removed the shifter head? Is it difficult? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Liquid soap and a small screwdriver.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
LOL such a random issue with a blurry picture and never bothered to google how to remove the shifter. I hope I'm not becoming elitist.
I don't think you or we are becoming elitist. This person joined the forums just to ask how to get a festival lanyard off a shifter haha One of the most random serious threads I've seen here

·
Well then...
393 Posts
I don't think you or we are becoming elitist. This person joined the forums just to ask how to get a festival lanyard off a shifter haha One of the most random serious threads I've seen here
Googles Xterra forum
Signs up
Verifies account via email
Takes bad photo
Uploads to post

I googled and found 5-6 threads with detailed photos on this very forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
this is totally a festival goer problem.. like 1st world problems.. but not quite..

I'm sure there is a way to get the thing loose with a little elbow, or actual grease.
here I am assuming that they have grease... lube... maybe..

seriously though maybe even like carmex or some kind of lip balm could help it slide off.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
here I am assuming that they have grease... lube... maybe..

seriously though maybe even like carmex or some kind of lip balm could help it slide off.
They need to call a tow truck or see if anyone has a slim jim they can use

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hahaha yes definitely a first world problem. I'll try all that "fesitval lube" I have ready to bring. I mean, the pass was $300 which is why I'm making an effort.

Thanks man!

LOL such a random issue with a blurry picture and never bothered to google how to remove the shifter. I hope I'm not becoming elitist.
I googled and found 5-6 threads with detailed photos on this very forum.
I gave it a good effort. Even searched the forum and could not find anything that was applicable for a 2011 automatic. I found manual trans and different variety of years. And the picture really doesn't matter does it?

·
Well then...
393 Posts
Hahaha yes definitely a first world problem. I'll try all that "fesitval lube" I have ready to bring. I mean, the pass was $300 which is why I'm making an effort.

Thanks man!

I gave it a good effort. Even searched the forum and could not find anything that was applicable for a 2011 automatic. I found manual trans and different variety of years. And the picture really doesn't matter does it?

Post #16 buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
FYI

If the cord is made from para-cord (or something similar) your in luck.

You can cut the cord, heat both end of the cut cord until they start to melt and then stick them back together.

·
Registered
373 Posts
If cutting the lanyard and tying it back with a knot somehow displeases the festival gods (which tbh I have a hard time believing, but anyway), I cant see the lanyard choker being an integral part of the pass. It's hollow and would break apart with a squeeze of some vice grips or pliers.

Guys on a more serious note... my hand is stuck in a pickle jar. How do i get it out?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts