Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 Off-Road is way too soft in the back and will hit the bump stops with 4 passengers and normal luggage load.

Is the frontier springs stiffer and is it a direct swap?

Also, what are the spring rates for the Xterra and Frontier?

Thanks!

·
Veteran - AKA Truffle's
3,410 Posts
My 2005 Off-Road is way too soft in the back and will hit the bump stops with 4 passengers and normal luggage load.

Is the frontier springs stiffer and is it a direct swap?

Also, what are the spring rates for the Xterra and Frontier?

Thanks!
not sure if its a direct swap, Im assuming no since fronty are soa not sua. Also there not gonna be any stiffer. Your better off with an aal or if you have the money custom alcans are awesome for longevity

·
Registered
1,049 Posts

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I believe I read somewhere that the Frontier leaves are longer than the Xterra ones so won't fit. But don't quote that as a definate fact.
This, they won't... Best bet is to shell out for a phenomenal set of Alcans or for some great OME or Deaver!! AAL's and Cold-arching are just band aides...

·
Registered
608 Posts
Goto a local suspension shop and get new leaf packs for added loads. Alcan and deaver do the samething, bust ussualy cost more and you must pay for them to shipped. And no instant gratification if you must wait a month or more to get them.

In my opinion youre paying extra for a brand name, not something extra.

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
my results were less than positive when shopping the local shops, they wanted more than what alcan quoted with shipping, and lead time was about the same and the shop would need my truck to measure the suspension. so its not always about the name, sometimes its the fact they have more experience, do a damn good job.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
my results were less than positive when shopping the local shops, they wanted more than what alcan quoted with shipping, and lead time was about the same and the shop would need my truck to measure the suspension. so its not always about the name, sometimes its the fact they have more experience, do a damn good job.
Same here. I live in Portland, OR which is a decent size city. I called every spring shop here (10+) and only 2 were willing to do it at all (all the others said no way, no can do unless I bought 100+ sets). One quoted $750 and the other $1000-1100, and of those two, neither one would do it off measurements alone, one wanted me to drop off the stock rear springs for 1-2 months (leaving my X in my garage un-driveable) and the other wanted the whole Xterra for 3-4 weeks. Neither of these options were even remotely attractive. So, local is not always do-able. Trust me, I tried. :( Just saying...

BTW: This should be in suspension, NOT How-To, as this is just a question about suspension, not an actual How-To. I PM'ed ON to get it moved FYI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts