Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Lol I’ll start honking at peeps too I guess. I live in Superior and work in Boulder, but go to Denver a couple times a week. Every now and then I see lifted Xs around Boulder. Tons of stock ones driving around though.

Also, I’ve only heard good things about All Dogs, but being able to just stop by the Nisstec shop is pretty nice if you live in the Denver area. I’ll probably never purchase anything from PRG again. It can be a very frustrating experience. I don’t like having to threaten with getting PayPal involved just to get some type of response from a vendor.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yours too! There's so many stock Xs here that a lifted one is pretty easy to spot :D

What lift setting do you have your 5100s front set to then?
Mine are set to stock height in the front. With the All Dogs springs, that adds two inches of lift without having to preload. Then I added a half inch spacer on top of that. Rears are All Dogs AAL and an adjustable shackle set to one inch. Rear 5100s are the 2-4in lift length.

·
on line
252 Posts
That's hilarious, I thought I recognized your X from the pic. Great looking rig! If you already have the 5100s in the front, you could purchase the lift coils from All Dogs along with a half inch spacer. Then add the adjustable shackle to the AAL like you planned, that's pretty much the exact lift I'm running. Sits around 2.5" of lift all around

I don't mean to thread jack, but what UCAs are you running? I've got the 5100s/lift springs from ADO too, and I think all I want to do to my front suspension is add the 1/2" spacer and UCAs.

Thanks!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Mine are set to stock height in the front. With the All Dogs springs, that adds two inches of lift without having to preload. Then I added a half inch spacer on top of that. Rears are All Dogs AAL and an adjustable shackle set to one inch. Rear 5100s are the 2-4in lift length.
How's the ride? That could be an option for me that would only cost a little more than just spacers and I could avoid this whole ordering from PRG thing a lot easier.

·
Registered
727 Posts
If it were me, I'd put new springs on the rear.
AAL and shackles do OK for just lifting, but the factory leaves are just such junk.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
If it were me, I'd put new springs on the rear.
AAL and shackles do OK for just lifting, but the factory leaves are just such junk.
I guess that's probably the plan in the future. I've had my eye on those Ironman 4x4 2" lift springs, but they say they're meant for heavy load applications and I only have a steel rear bumper. Not sure that qualifies as heavy load until I get, like, a ladder and tire carrier.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I guess that's probably the plan in the future. I've had my eye on those Ironman 4x4 2" lift springs, but they say they're meant for heavy load applications and I only have a steel rear bumper. Not sure that qualifies as heavy load until I get, like, a ladder and tire carrier.
I run 400lb+ capacity Alcans, and will they are stiff completely unloaded, I appreciate them when I load up for a trip.
The Ironman springs would be fine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't mean to thread jack, but what UCAs are you running? I've got the 5100s/lift springs from ADO too, and I think all I want to do to my front suspension is add the 1/2" spacer and UCAs.

Thanks!
I have the SPC uppers. Keep in mind I just put this suspension on last week, but it's riding far better than my old spacer and shackle. The stock suspension was in rough shape by the time I swapped it all out.

How's the ride? That could be an option for me that would only cost a little more than just spacers and I could avoid this whole ordering from PRG thing a lot easier.
I'm really happy with the ride so far. On slow streets it's a little harsh, but not bad at all. Highway speeds the truck handles so much better now. Still have yet to air down and hit a trail so the jury is out on that one. But overall I'm very happy.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I'm really happy with the ride so far. On slow streets it's a little harsh, but not bad at all. Highway speeds the truck handles so much better now. Still have yet to air down and hit a trail so the jury is out on that one. But overall I'm very happy.
Do you have the 2"-2.5" rear 5100s?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So I guess I have an updated parts list but not sure I will be able to completely avoid buying from PRG. It sounds like the NissTec shackles have fitment issues and someone mentioned earlier that the NissTec shims might give me install issues?

I'm not in any rush and I can always threaten a chargeback if Greg doesn't get stuff shipped in a month or 2 :p

This would mean setting my front 5100s to the 0" stock position and using the 2" springs and 1" spacers to get my 3".
New rear leaf packs and shackles should get me 2.5"-3" I assume. So hopefully either level or a minor rake.

Should I be getting front and rear bumpstops? Sounds like rears aren't necessary for less than 4" lift? But would there be any benefit of installing them?

·
Registered
619 Posts
I would not give PRG $1

You may not even need shims

Do you have enough threads showing on your 5100s to install a 1/2" spacer?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Not sure how other bumpers compare... but my Hardcore Offroad rear bumper is actually lighter than an oem bumper and hitch.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Do you have the 2"-2.5" rear 5100s?
I just checked my original order, I have the 2-2.5" rear 5100s

I would not give PRG $1

I had plenty of thread with the 1/2" spacer.

For what it's worth, I always order shims no matter what (at least the two times I've lifted leaf sprung vehicles). I see them as cheap insurance against driveline vibration.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I would not give PRG $1

I think I just want shims cause I'd rather not replace my leaf pack and THEN find out I need them. And maybe NissTec shims are fine? I just know one member said he had issues with them, but I guess that doesn't tell me that much.

Also, I have exactly 1/4" of threads showing without a spacer.

Not sure how other bumpers compare... but my Hardcore Offroad rear bumper is actually lighter than an oem bumper and hitch.
Mine is a Shrockworks, but not sure exactly how that compares to factory as I did not do the install. I just assumed it's heavier. Either way, the OME Dakar leaf packs look like they'd fit my application better than the Ironmans and I can get them with non-greaseable bushings. Looks like the Ironman packs require greaseable bushings(?) which I just don't want to deal with.

I just checked my original order, I have the 2-2.5" rear 5100s

I had plenty of thread with the 1/2" spacer.

For what it's worth, I always order shims no matter what (at least the two times I've lifted leaf sprung vehicles). I see them as cheap insurance against driveline vibration.
I guess I'm just super confused why PRGs shock lengths differ from Nisstec. I'm assuming they're the same part numbers... so maybe they're measuring differently?

Just here to report that every time I see this thread in the New Posts section, my eyes can't help but see "Flesh Light" every time and I have to do a double-take.

That is all. Carry on.
:devilish:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
You will need longer studs to fit that 1" lift spacer.
I assume you just hammer the old ones out and hammer the new ones in? The NissTec 1" spacers have an option for extended studs, but it doesn't say anything about installation. I'm just assuming they install like wheels studs.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I assume you just hammer the old ones out and hammer the new ones in? The NissTec 1" spacers have an option for extended studs, but it doesn't say anything about installation. I'm just assuming they install like wheels studs.
Yea easy stuff.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
I've searched and still can't find an answer for this. If I run my 5100s at 0" of lift with the ADO 2" springs and a 1" spacer, will I still have a decent amount of down travel in the front? Will the 5100s ride like shit with the 2" springs?

Ugh sorry for all the questions and BS. I'm sick and home alone and feel like I'm just running myself in circles with this.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts