Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for some input as to how to resolve this. Took my truck last week to get my stock shackles/longer brakelines/shims put on. Because I had aftermarket 2" Shackles on I had way to much lift after putting on my Alcans.

So I had a shop just change the shackles over, because of the lift, I included in a note to make sure they disconnected the Diff wires before they got the truck up on the lift.

I picked up the truck on Friday, drove home with no issues. As soon as I hit a decent size puddle on Saturday my diff light started flickering along with VDC. It proceeded to do this even while at a stop.

Turns out they must have wrecked or ripped the wire on the DLPS right where the quick connect was. Then spliced it up with no quick connect.

Besides the fact the splice is faulty, I need the quick connect there for when I ever drop the axle in the future.

So how would the shop (assuming they fix there mistake) deal with this? Does Nissan sell either those quick connects or else the whole harness for both the light and DLPS?

Attached is a pic of splice they did.

·
Registered
901 Posts
LOL!

1) Never take anything you own there ever again. Write scathing reviews.

2) No need to replace it with Nissan stock parts. It is just a simple 2 wire connector. Google "waterproof connector" and I'm sure you'll be able to find a suitable replacement.

3) Replace the connector yourself. Use heat shrink sleeving on your splices. You should probably extend the wires while you are in there.

4) Never go back to that shop again.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess my concern is if the splice they did is holding, its just ripped further down right where it enters the plunger thing inside the diff. At least if the whole harness is replaced I don't have to worry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts