Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a quick search, but didn't come up with anything. Anybody know what all the numbers/letters represent? I only ask because I have been keeping an eye on the X's at the local dealerships and have noticed that the first 8 characters, as well as characters 10-12, always appear to be the same.

Ex: 5n1an08w-6c5-----

Just curious. Thanks!

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: -Yo Rocky--

RockyMtnX said:
Did a quick search, but didn't come up with anything. Anybody know what all the numbers/letters represent? I only ask because I have been keeping an eye on the X's at the local dealerships and have noticed that the first 8 characters, as well as characters 10-12, always appear to be the same.

Ex: 5n1an08w-6c5-----

Just curious. Thanks!

---On the Internet search bar, type Nissan-VIN then hit GO and you got it--- :cheers: --JIMBO

·
on line
830 Posts
the 8th number from the right is the year of the vehicle so yea if there is a bunch of 06's they will all have 6 for that number.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
10th digit from the left (or 8th from the right!) is your year....the trim package is not in the vin from what i have seen. at least the software we use at work doesn't pick up the xterra trim package. most other vehicles, it does.

·
on line
410 Posts
Bumping an old thread:

Can you tell which trim package a vehicle is from the VIN?
Not with Nissan.

Keep your window sticker. You'll need it to prove to your insurance that the SE you totalled is an SE and not an X...

Had that problem when I wrecked my 350Z...

·
on line
124 Posts
Thanks for the input. That confirms what I had found as well.
I've got my eye on an '06 SE with 35K miles.
Going to try to sell my Tacoma first.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts