Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im installing my calmini lift right now and I can get the damn half shafts out of the steering knuckles. does anyone have any info on this... the quicker the better guys..... here are some pics.

How the hell do you get the CV out of the knuckle????

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so basically i just knock the threaded bolt thing with a BFH and it should pop through the knuckle? RIGHT?? There isnt a 'c' clamp or anything holding it in? I tried knocking on it with a SFH and it didnt seem like it was doing anything. Would it be a good idea to put the nut back on then hammer on it?

Also, if the half shaft comes out of the differential... is it easy to put back in??? Look what happened.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I have not done one of these but the one's I have done, it just kinda pops out. It's held in with a sort of clip like a snap on a shirt lets say, it pops in, and pops out. In the look what happened picture, that would be what I would expect. And that's ok, it will pop in same way it popped out. MC

·
on line
3,218 Posts
the one's I have done, it just kinda pops out.
x2
It looks like you've got everything disco'd properly. I think you're just looking for a sweet spot now. The CV has to bend at two points to disengage, then it should just slide/pop out. Who's helping ya'? Just breathe deep and try again before administering the calibrated knockometer..

ETA- maybe lower your floor jack? work on the angle to pull it out..

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay guys its raining cats and dogs, but i decided to go ahead and give it a go! All worked out perfectly. All I had to do is put the large nut back on and give it a couple of good wacks with a sledge hammer.

Now all i have to do is wait for it to quit raining!

·
on line
2,938 Posts
mcampana said:
What does the calmini lift do in the rear end? I mean, its obvious in the front. But what gives you lift in the rear?
For the X's they provide a new spring pack, but I believe he opted out of this and instead ordered a custom pack from Alcan.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mcampana said:
I wonder if they would take anything off the price if you didnt want the spring pack they send ya?
I got the frontier lift.... it doesnt come with the spring packs and is alot cheaper!!! It is the exact same lift for the front... so that is why i got it

kokopop said:
For the X's they provide a new spring pack, but I believe he opted out of this and instead ordered a custom pack from Alcan.
And Yes i am getting a new set of springs from alcan.... they will be here tomorrow... :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts