Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hunter:

or anyone else that has the D3?

I installed my D3 over the weekend and love it....i have a problem though...my reception for the radio is horrible??? I have an 2008 Xterra which has a rectangular grey plug for the antenna??? i bought the correct harness from a local shop and i got the adapter that connects to the grey plug and turns it into the typical round male looking plug that plugs into the D3! great...

but the D3 has a solid blue wire??? that has a tag that says ANTENNA CONTROL....but the X has NO WHERE to hook that up and im guessing that has to be why im getting horrible reception???

anyone else have this problem?

ANY HELP fellow newX'rs.....

-Jason

·
on line
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump..

·
on line
145 Posts
The blue wire will be for a power up and down antenna so I doubt that's your problem.
Sorry I can't help any better than that.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
i have the same problem with my alpine. i dont understand why. my only guess is the antenna cable is getting some interference with the some power cables or whtnot..

·
on line
367 Posts
Hmm, I have the D3 but I'm getting good radio reception. Maybe the antenna cable is loose? That blue wire should be for raising/lowering the antenna if you have a motorized one.

What does the radio reception sound like? Is it just really weak, or does it match the engine rpm?

Another thing to check might be to make sure that the ground(s) are connected properly.

·
on line
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the reception sounds like just mostly static.............engine rpms doesnt matter so its not that...

im pretty sure the ground is good.......everything else is working great..

AVIC411 is telling me to hook up the blue with the nissan harness blue/white?? they say its cause my car doesnt have an aftermarket amp then the blue needs to hook to the blue white off the nissan harness i bought...so im gonna try it out..

DOES ANYONE HAVE A WIRE DIAGRAM FOR THE RADIO HARNESS? I WANNA CHECK TO SEE IF THE PIN ON THE WIRE HARNESS I BOUGHT WITH THE BLUE/WHITE WIRE CORRESPONDES TO A A FACTORY AMPLIFIED ANTENNA WIRE.........
-j

·
on line
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dammn it....that bites if thats the case....

Thanks so much for the FSM..

- j

·
on line
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I KNOW THIS IS LONG OVERDUE! BUT I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT.

We have just been lately using the IPOD as our main sourse of entertainment in the D3. but this past weekend i tore back into the X and installed the Blue tooth adapter and XM traffic console to the D3 and believe it or not i figured out why i had bad radio reception!!!

the aftermarket antenna wire harness that i bought from the local stereo shop was loose in the pin on the connector itself. I just happened to be wiggilying the wires trying to figure out what the heck was the deal and just happened to notice it. SO i got some zip ties and shoved the antenna wire pin in really good on the aftermarket connector where it attaches to the factory antenna plug and all is perfect!!

so be sure to check all your pins and wires coming out of your connectors you buy....

- Jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts