Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Quick question and request for help.

I have a 2010 Xterra offroad. The interior color (seats) is grey with red accents.

The VIN and manufacturer code identifies the trim to be T.

The seats for this T are red with accents (which I think is the only color available for the offroad). I ordered a replacement seat cover (OEM) based on the VIN and the resulting order, based on the VIN, has the trim code T. However, the seat I got are grey with blue accents.....

I went to the dealer who pulled all cushion assembly. The code is 87350-zl20E, which is coded as T (from other sites: Off Road Gray/Red (Code T). However, when we pull the description for 87350-zl20E the sytem gives the descriptor Gray/Blue.

So questions if you know Nissan or have an Offroad (2010):

1. If T leads to a blue seat, what leads to a red seat?
2. Is there any 2010 offroads with NON red accent seat.
3. What is the correct seat code?
4. Is there q way to look at the seat (a label) and determine the parts number?
5. Anything else....

Thanks!

·
Registered
2011 PRO-4X
911 Posts
My understanding was the off-road was blue stitching. When it became the PRO-4X the stitching went red.

Sorry for being dead wrong, I now see the error of my ways....

2009 & 2010 Off-Road had gray seats with red accents.
Earlier had gray seats with blue accents.
2011 Pro-4X has red stitching on the leather..

·
Registered
‘06 Super Black S 5AT & ‘10 Knight Armor OR 5AT
947 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Hello All,

Quick question and request for help.

I have a 2010 Xterra offroad. The interior color (seats) is grey with red accents.

The VIN and manufacturer code identifies the trim to be T.

The seats for this T are red with accents (which I think is the only color available for the offroad). I ordered a replacement seat cover (OEM) based on the VIN and the resulting order, based on the VIN, has the trim code T. However, the seat I got are grey with blue accents.....

I went to the dealer who pulled all cushion assembly. The code is 87350-zl20E, which is coded as T (from other sites: Off Road Gray/Red (Code T). However, when we pull the description for 87350-zl20E the sytem gives the descriptor Gray/Blue.

So questions if you know Nissan or have an Offroad (2010):

4. Is there q way to look at the seat (a label) and determine the parts number?
5. Anything else....

Thanks!
It’s late. I’ll research for you tomorrow. I’ve looked before to replace my 2010 OR drivers seat bottom fabric and found it has been discontinued. I’ve got the part # somewhere but have to dig it up.
If you DO find one please let me know. I want to freshen up my seat.

FYI- the 2010 OR was ONLY offered in that red trim that you and I have. Why the blue keeps popping up for you is a mystery to me. A nice challenge to look into tomorrow. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
587 Posts
You are dead wrong.
Whoa! Not just wrong, but wronger than wrong! Dead wrong!

It’s late. I’ll research for you tomorrow. I’ve looked before to replace my 2010 OR drivers seat bottom fabric and found it has been discontinued. I’ve got the part # somewhere but have to dig it up.

FYI- the 2010 OR was ONLY offered in that red trim that you and I have. Why the blue keeps popping up for you is a mystery to me. A nice challenge to look into tomorrow. Stay tuned!
Mine has the red trim and I wish it was blue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks. Standing by. This has shown to be MUCH more complicated than I anticipated when I started the journey.

The dealer listed two SKUs (87350-ZL20E - listed as trim T (which, bizarrely, is blue in Nissan's system, but clearly is red) and 87350-ZL21B - listed as trim Z (which, again bizarrely, is charcoal in Nissan system) and which seats I saw and they are ... surprise .... blue). The seat are, of course, supposed to be red, although frankly, at some point I was questioning myself and dragged the dealer to the car to show it to him).

·
Registered
947 Posts
ping... any new input ... Martin?
Seems I have a twisted understanding of “tomorrow”.

I have replicated my search of last year. Will have more info later today (2 weeks). Lol. Pinkie swear and all that.

·
Registered
947 Posts
@pajacobsen -

Spent an hour or so a few days ago replicating my original search from last year for seat bottom fabric.

Came up with pretty much the exact results as I had last year: 99% of the places said out of stock/discontinued.
I did find the same couple places that showed available but prices were astronomical and the sites themselves dubious at best.
One seller however might be ok. I’ll link it at the end of my replies.

As to your question: the part # I have and used in both last years and this new search is exactly the same as yours and led to ZERO blue trim. All descriptions that detailed color stated red/grey at the many parts places I searched (mainly dealers that all use the same Nissan database).
2 things to note- I did NOT use vin at all to search. Only part number.
And I did not buy yet to see a physical example of what that part # ends up netting.
(Your result adds even more trepidation to the possible purchase.....)

The “T” did pop up in several listings. I’m not sure of the relevance. Also your mention of said “T” is the first for me. Never heard of it til your post.
But again, not one single place of the dozen or so I searched had any mention of BLUE. All were red/grey, either Frontier as you noted, or Xterra.

No.
But..... many of the descriptions include verbiage that the part # we have is compatible with other trims and years of X. Et al: “fits X, S, SE, OR.....
Also, as you noted, the part # is shared with Frontier P4X trims.

87350-ZL20E is the only one I’ve ever found. And I’ve done mind numbingly extensive research.

4. Is there a way to look at the seat (a label) and determine the parts number?

Unknown by me, apologies. There may be a tag or stamp on the underside of the cover.....

5. Anything else....

As stated above, 99% of places I hit had zilch. There were a couple that the price was $500 or more and were not Nissan affiliated so I nixed them. If you decide to hunt those places down I’d offer extreme caution as to giving them your money. I got bad juju from them.

ONE of the many searched does show it in stock with a price that is in line with the unicorn we seek.
However, I’ve done nothing to vet them. So CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!! Do they truly have what we seek?

Lastly, blue was in the OR trim from 2005-2008 only.

Good luck my friend. Hopefully you find the part we seek. You’ll probably beat me to it, as I’ve got other projects to finish before dropping coin on this one. Please report back as to your further success and/or failure.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I may have spoken too soon..........

Went back again just now and added truck info to the “parts checker” and this popped up:

That might be why I didn’t buy it last year. I can’t recall..... But the “BLUE/GRAPHITE” is most definitely a bad indication of what might arrive should you order from them, much like your earlier experience.

We may be shit out of luck..... Upholstery shop? Lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts