Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My name is Marc. I am currently w/o a 4x4, but have had a few in the past (79 CJ 5, 91 Nissan SEV6 P/U, 95 Land Rover D90, 98 Tahoe.) I have been eying the X OR and the Unlimited Rubicon. While the Rubicon looks like it may be a little more "fun" as far as after market and topless wheeling, the vehicle I choose will be my daily driver as well. I need something dependable and that is not too bad on gas mileage. I had my D90 as my daily driver and, while fun, it was not the most practical day to day ride. Especially with a 100 mile round trip commute. Anyway, I am leaning towards the OR because I have had Nissan vehicles before, and I have always been impressed with them. I hope to learn a lot from this site about the OR, and what mods people are doing to them so that I will be well informed when it comes time to pull the trigger. The thing is, I do not know exactly when I will be making my purchase. It is kind of up to my car I have now. If it blows up just one more time, it will be sooner than later.

Thanks in advance for all of the sage advice I am sure to get!

Marc

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Welcome. :wave: As willgr1 stated please reduce the size of the avatar.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
HOLY CRAP!! thats a big avatar......looks like bevis in real life. :)

Welcome to our great site!! enjoy

·
TNX Administrator
20,397 Posts
:pirate: "Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated t' Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise t' share what you learn!" :3some:

So let t' mods begin: http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2742 :thumbup:

MarcM - You need to reduce your Avatar down to the correct size. It is waaaaay to big!!!! And at that size waaaay to ugly!!!

·
on line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome, and sorry about the size of my old avatar. I am a bit slow when it comes to resizing pictures, so I opted for another. I am enjoying the site!

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Thanks for the change and I'm glad that you are liking the site. We are a bunch of great people who have tons of info that we are willing to share. Don't be afraid to ask.

·
on line
564 Posts
Welcome!

Rob

·
on line
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aloha, Kahuna! Nice looking Series III! There is a guy that drives around here in Valencia that drives around in a mid 60's Series II that looks like it just rolled off of the showroom floor. I have always liked Rovers, but I have never really had any training in working on mechanical stuff, so it has kept me away from trying my hand at restoring Jeeps or Rovers, which really sounds like a lot of fun.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts