Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am a 42yo/M from Rockville, MD

Got a Silver '12 Pro-4X AT back in January with 83K miles. So far, got new tires (stock size Grabber APT), replaced all fluids, installed a Sony head unit with carplay. About to install new spark plugs and get TB cleaning done. I may need brakes soon as well, feel free to chime in if there are any brands that I should look out for.

I wish I had a garage or driveway so I could work on the truck.

So far I'm really happy with it, already went on two ski trips with it and no complaints other than road/wind noise. It gets good mpg when sticking to 55 but I rather get 16/17 and get going. Maybe it improves a bit after the spark plugs and throttle body, oh well.

I can barely get in the work garage so no Lifts or oversized tires for me, at least for now. I'm using the antenna to gauge height as a precaution.

Thanks,

Cenk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From a former Germantown and Damascus resident, GET OUT!
One day hopefully, I really want to. People, traffic get on my nerves, mostly traffic tho. Not to mention how expensive everything is.

·
Registered
462 Posts
One day hopefully, I really want to. People, traffic get on my nerves, mostly traffic tho. Not to mention how expensive everything is.
Pretty much the exact reasons I left. Now I live up in the mountains in a town of 2600 people.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Welcome, I'm about 40 minutes from you in Odenton. I moved here last summer for work. After spending the prior 5 years in southern Arizona and western Washington State, Maryland is........ disappointing. I'm missing out west, or at least a less populated part of the east (NC) where I grew up.

I've done some wheeling and camping in WV and western VA since moving here, so it's not all bad. Let me know if you need help with the X when you finally start modifying (you inevitably will). I've been in the game for a while.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome! I'm in Fairfax, VA. Once things open back up I'd love to have more vehicles on the trails with me in GWNF. You'd be fine in a Stock X with your tires.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hi there. I relocated to Rockville last summer, and though there seems to be a good number of forum members around here, I haven’t met any in person yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome, I'm about 40 minutes from you in Odenton. I moved here last summer for work. After spending the prior 5 years in southern Arizona and western Washington State, Maryland is........ disappointing. I'm missing out west, or at least a less populated part of the east (NC) where I grew up.

I've done some wheeling and camping in WV and western VA since moving here, so it's not all bad. Let me know if you need help with the X when you finally start modifying (you inevitably will). I've been in the game for a while.
Thanks a lot man! yeah I might get me a Golf or something just to get to work, once I do I'll get to itch to modify, I'm sure.

I may hit you up for some spots where I can take the xterra to do some mild off-roading once this craziness is over.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome! I'm in Fairfax, VA. Once things open back up I'd love to have more vehicles on the trails with me in GWNF. You'd be fine in a Stock X with your tires.
I'll be up for and looking forward to it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
C3N, Crofton checking in, I have a Frontier so kinda-cross shop the forums cause a ton of parts fit both, but I have a garage, two bays, and a decent set of tools, hand and powered. Hope to get some Fronties and Xs both, together to go hit some trails this summer.

·
Registered
108 Posts
@C3NK0 @CroftonBilly @RyanD1966 @GeolJon @jhberria @VMBiohazard Peter's Mill Run reopens Thursday, May 28th. Are any of you available during the week? I'm thinking the trails will be slammed that first weekend but the first week of June during the week I'm free to go and hopefully it'll be less crowded. If you guys are interested I can start a group PM or a meetup thread.

Peter's Mill Run info: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/gwj/recarea/?recid=73883 (lots of videos on youtube of the trail as well)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi @Ffxcores !

I was in SC had to come back for couple of days for emergency work that came up. Heading back there tonight then will head down the Florida.

Starting June, I will be around and will be able to come out during the week. If you start a group, count me in.

Thank you!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts