Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Hello from Rockville, MD

2K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Old Navy 
#1 ·
Hi,

I am a 42yo/M from Rockville, MD

Got a Silver '12 Pro-4X AT back in January with 83K miles. So far, got new tires (stock size Grabber APT), replaced all fluids, installed a Sony head unit with carplay. About to install new spark plugs and get TB cleaning done. I may need brakes soon as well, feel free to chime in if there are any brands that I should look out for.

I wish I had a garage or driveway so I could work on the truck.

So far I'm really happy with it, already went on two ski trips with it and no complaints other than road/wind noise. It gets good mpg when sticking to 55 but I rather get 16/17 and get going. Maybe it improves a bit after the spark plugs and throttle body, oh well.

I can barely get in the work garage so no Lifts or oversized tires for me, at least for now. I'm using the antenna to gauge height as a precaution.

Thanks,

Cenk

See less See more
#8 ·
Welcome, I'm about 40 minutes from you in Odenton. I moved here last summer for work. After spending the prior 5 years in southern Arizona and western Washington State, Maryland is........ disappointing. I'm missing out west, or at least a less populated part of the east (NC) where I grew up.

I've done some wheeling and camping in WV and western VA since moving here, so it's not all bad. Let me know if you need help with the X when you finally start modifying (you inevitably will). I've been in the game for a while.

#17 ·
@C3NK0 @CroftonBilly @RyanD1966 @GeolJon @jhberria @VMBiohazard Peter's Mill Run reopens Thursday, May 28th. Are any of you available during the week? I'm thinking the trails will be slammed that first weekend but the first week of June during the week I'm free to go and hopefully it'll be less crowded. If you guys are interested I can start a group PM or a meetup thread.

Peter's Mill Run info: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/gwj/recarea/?recid=73883 (lots of videos on youtube of the trail as well)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.