Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I have actually been "on" the forums for a while absorbing information when I need it, but I have not done a lot of posting. Sorry... :-/

Either way, I figured I should introduce myself. My name is Doug. I am originally from Pittsburgh but was relocated to RI after college for my first job. Go Steelers! I do not really know of any 4x4 clubs in my area or any good places to go 4x4ing either. So if you know of any, be sure to let me know.

I was originally a 1995 Pathfinder owner (That was the last good year for them imoho.) I drove that for 7 years (9 years in the family) and then in Nov 06, the transmission would no longer go in reverse, a feature I am quite fond of. So I decided to trade it in. I almost got a Honda CRV, but I fell in love with the 2006 Xterra even thought it was the last car I looked at. Some might call it brand loyalty, but I am sure you all know the real reason. :-D

I thank you all as the forums have been extremely helpful for a new owner getting on their feet. I hope to contribute more and do a few write-ups myself.

I'll shut up now. See you on the boards!

[/url]

·
on line
57 Posts
Howdy! I'm rather new here myself, but welcome!

·
on line
400 Posts
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Welcome :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
TNX Administrator
20,254 Posts
:pirate: Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated to Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise to share what you learn! :3some:

·
on line
88 Posts
Hey there! I also had a 1995 Pathfinder that I loved and now have a black Xterra like you! You are right about 95 being the last great Pathfinder, even though the 1996 Pathfinder had more hp it didn't feel as rugged or tough. The Xterra is the direct descendent of the 1995 vehicle, not the Pathfinder they sell now. Just wondering, did you have that notorious cracked exhaust manifold on your Pathy? I had that and unfortunately a rotted frame in the rear, but otherwise a great vehicle. I'll try and post a pic sometime. Anyways welcome!

·
on line
463 Posts
Hey ! Welcome to ALL of the New Guys and Gals.

We're always looking for new cash for the economy.

Glad you could join us !

Jim B

·
on line
564 Posts
Welcome!

Rob

·
on line
237 Posts
Welcome!! :cheers:

·
on line
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
General Grabber said:
Hey there! I also had a 1995 Pathfinder that I loved and now have a black Xterra like you! You are right about 95 being the last great Pathfinder, even though the 1996 Pathfinder had more hp it didn't feel as rugged or tough. The Xterra is the direct descendent of the 1995 vehicle, not the Pathfinder they sell now. Just wondering, did you have that notorious cracked exhaust manifold on your Pathy? I had that and unfortunately a rotted frame in the rear, but otherwise a great vehicle. I'll try and post a pic sometime. Anyways welcome!
Yes, I did have the cracked manifold. I didn't really know what it was until someone told me about it 5 years after it showed the symptoms. I heard the sound but could not find the cause, and my hp and mpg were not affected, so I just figured it was an age thing. Here is a pic of my old baby:

kokopop said:
welcome. Where in RI are you from? I worked in Johnston (near providence for a few years)
I live in Warwick but I commute to my cool job in Uncasville CT.
mtdewmike said:
Ahoy! Welcome aboard! :pirate:
Good to see you over here!
Yes, I just found www.nexterra.org yesterday as well. ;)

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Welcome.

I went to grad school in Providence, and lived in the woods in Foster, RI in the mid-90s. Plenty of nice trails in western RI and eastern CT. Enjoy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts