Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for anyone near westernmass that's in an off-road club looking for new members. My wife and I are looking for a back road club. I'm not looking for rock climbing or mud bogging. Just for some good people to meet and maybe even benefit runs. Not many clubs local do light trails, but I didn't get an xterra to get groceries either.

·
New England Regional Moderator
3,647 Posts
I’m in western ma (Springfield area). I work right up the road from you in Hartford. Keep an eye out as I’m always hosting mid days, going on off road camping trips, or just going wheeling. Let me know if you have any questions

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m in western ma (Springfield area). I work right up the road from you in Hartford. Keep an eye out as I’m always hosting mid days, going on off road camping trips, or just going wheeling. Let me know if you have any questions
I'm actually in the hilltowns. I don't know why it says Britain ct, I don't know how to change it.

·
New England Regional Moderator
3,647 Posts
I spend a lot of my free time up in the hilltowns. Lots of hiking, fishing, and easy trails up there.

You can change the town by going to the user CP in the Menu bar. In the old view it’s on the top left.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I’m from just outside Springfield also. I’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for, but you may want to check out NEXterra.org. It is a North East regional Xterra club. We are part of the Northeast Association of 4wd Clubs. Being a part of this ‘club of clubs’ gives us access to trade home properties with some of the other 25+ member clubs. We host roughly a run a month. Many (with care and some preparation) are suitable for stock Xterras.

We have a run coming up on April 7th. Meeting in Sturbridge, then traveling to a private property nearby. All you need to do to attend is join as a forum guest. There is a access fee that goes to the property owner.

If you are looking for more of an Overland type club, Will (Ripper) can point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m from just outside Springfield also. I’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for, but you may want to check out NEXterra.org. It is a North East regional Xterra club. We are part of the Northeast Association of 4wd Clubs. Being a part of this ‘club of clubs’ gives us access to trade home properties with some of the other 25+ member clubs. We host roughly a run a month. Many (with care and some preparation) are suitable for stock Xterras.

We have a run coming up on April 7th. Meeting in Sturbridge, then traveling to a private property nearby. All you need to do to attend is join as a forum guest. There is a access fee that goes to the property owner.

If you are looking for more of an Overland type club, Will (Ripper) can point you in the right direction.
Hey thanks! Sturbridge might be to much of a ride, just in case something happend, Im, pretty much grounded to a 30 mile radius, the berkshires, Franklin and Hamden county, Southwick,westfield,east,west and Northampton,hatfield,deerfield,
hadley, South Hadley, and parts of CT like granby,bloomfield,simsbuy,enfield. I'm sure you get the idea. Heart is willing but the wallet is dry for unwanted repairs. Just want to start something new and meet some new peeps. Have no problem supporting land owners, and assisting in trail prep. And would love a good camping endeavor!

·
Registered
106 Posts
No pressure on my end, but if you’re interested in going on the 7th, my passenger seat is open. No need to sign up or pay to ride shotgun. Just meet me in East Longmeadow.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No pressure on my end, but if you’re interested in going on the 7th, my passenger seat is open. No need to sign up or pay to ride shotgun. Just meet me in East Longmeadow.
if I did bring my x would I be obligated to take of nerf bars?

·
Registered
106 Posts
The minimum I would suggest is, remove nerf bars/step rails, mud flaps, and bull bar. (if you have any of these) Street/hiway tires won’t get you very far this time of year either. An AT/MT tread would be far better. You could disconnect the rear sway bar also, it’ll give you a little more articulation, but it is not necessary.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The minimum I would suggest is, remove nerf bars/step rails, mud flaps, and bull bar. (if you have any of these) Street/hiway tires won’t get you very far this time of year either. An AT/MT tread would be far better. You could disconnect the rear sway bar also, it’ll give you a little more articulation, but it is not necessary.
I have fallen wildpeak a/t

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have fallen wildpeak a/t
falken I meant.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts