Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Been perusing this site for a few weeks while I searched for used X's to buy. Thanks to all the helpful info here I am well underway to modding my 06 SE will all the bells and whistles that will hopefully make my job more pleasant.

I am a field biologist in Arizona with my own consulting company so I get out..sometimes waaaay out pretty often. I am almost always alone when doing so..so making it back home is a top priority not only to me, but to my wife as well (she's already trying to abscond my new ride).

Anywho, I'll be peeking in from time to time in search of technical advice and I thought I would introduce myself.

-BiO

·
TNX Administrator
20,232 Posts
:pirate: "Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated t' Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise t' share what you learn!" :3some:

So let t' mods begin: http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2742 :thumbup:

·
on line
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellers!

Just hit "submit" on my Shrockworks package..front bump, oil pan, gas tank and rear diff skid plates. Can't wait. Tomorrow I begin figuring out the suspension upgrades..oi.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Welcome Bio Terra--

--If you spend a lot of time OUT alone (we do to) I advise you to be careful on what mods you do that USE your vehicle battery, no matter for how long--

--I have this Power Jumper, I carry NOW in my trailer, I've never had to use it for myself, just one time for one of my sons TOYOTAs, with crapped out battery--

--

--I also carry an extra battery to replace my X's , if need be-overprotection, but when I'm out in the BOONDOCKS with my wife-I want to add to our security--

---Stick around here, you can get lots of pointers--JIMBO[/img]

·
on line
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL..I just bought that exact charger/inflator at CostCo and it's charging in my garage right now.

I also carry a solar battery charger to top things off when I'm hiking around away from the truck.

I plan to replace most of the standard bulbs..interior and exterior...on my rig with LEDs to further conserve power/reduce drain.

Though this is the first 4x4 I've bought for myself..I do have about 11 years of wheeling experience and driven company rigs ranging from Fords and Chevys to my fav..a 92' LandCruiser all over the Southwest.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Thats funny, I've got that same exact solar trickle charger, that I plug into the cargo area pwr outlet and let it sit on top, while were fishing or just hanging around, the camping area-good little, cheap insurance--

--Just be careful with those LED systems !!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
564 Posts
Welcome!

Rob

·
on line
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Volant CAI on it's way. Also looking into making a hydrogen boosting system to increase mileage...that will take awhile.

Off to barter with local 4x4 shop and see what they have to offer. I'm leaning towards the Radflo coilovers/TC UCA route but need to read more on it first.

·
on line
223 Posts
From one noob to another - welcome, the guys on this site are great,enjoy.
FYI - check out (findmespot.com). I always liked the idea of 'on-star' but this is affordable and if you travel alone, cheap insurance. Don't pay more than $150.00 (R.E.I or Cabella's) & $100.00 subscription. Later

1 - 17 of 17 Posts