Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I bought an 05 Xterra a few months ago and have certainly been bitten by the mod bug. Which brought me to this site (among some rather lame others). I've learned quite a bit reading through the howto's etc. and will be putting a ~3" Suspension Lift in this fall if all goes well (fingers crossed).

Anyway I spent a bit of time traveling the back trails of the Sierra Nevada Mountains so if you see me bouncing by say hi.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
Welcome to the best web site on the web. :drunken: :albino:

·
on line
463 Posts
Glad to see you have decided to participate in the ,
" Giving of the Expendible Income to the rubber-tired Idol "

We all need something to spend our cash on !

WELCOME TO THE GROUP!
JimB

·
TNX Administrator
20,246 Posts
:pirate: Ahoy, Matey! :newb: (n00b) Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated to Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise to share what you learn! :3some:

·
on line
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for welcome everyone!

Time to take those pesky old mud flaps off huh???

Another trip like the last one and I wont need to. :biggrin:

I'm pretty impressed with the stock capabilities of this truck. Though I'm thiniking that I'll likely order a few skids from Shrockworks soon. Keep me safe until I have enough saved for the lift.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Especially since you've got the OR skid pack, sliders are your #1 priority if you like to go off road. Perhaps tied with tires.

I was amazed with the X out of the box, but I came pretty close to some serious rocker damage before I got sliders. (I went a year plus before adding Shrock underbody skids, and I wheeled the truck hard.)

·
on line
776 Posts
noob

Welcome to the site, and I agree with d Rap, you should look into shrock sliders prior to skidz. they will be of more use to you more frequently!

·
on line
509 Posts
Hey, I'm from about 2 hours north of you! (redding) I'm actually even gonna be in sac all day today. Someday when our X's are done we should meet up for a mobbing trip!

·
on line
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Atom,

I'm always up for meeting new people!

One day perhaps...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts