Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hello2:

Hi All. I've been lurking on this site for months, and I love it. I've never had anything worthwhile to say, so I never bothered to register. I've been working on a few DIY projects lately that some people might be interested in, so finally signed up. I'm finishing them up now, and will post how-to's once complete.
I bought my '05 SE back in March 2005. I have to admit that I did most of my pre-purchase research over on that other Xterra forum. It was helpful in finding info I needed, but I finally got sick of all the people on their soapboxes. I rarely visit that site anymore. This has all the info I need, friendly people, and only 2nd gen topics and discussions. I love it.
I haven't done any real offroading yet. I don't know of anything around this area, and I don't think I'm committed enough yet to warrant a long journey to get to a real off road vehicle place. I chose the X because of the versatility, space, power, style, and off road capabilities should I ever find myself in a situation that requires them. It is perfect for a lot of the activities I enjoy. Mild mountain biking, snow skiing, running, and water skiing and wakeboarding (although I don't own a boat of my own).
After a year and a half with my X, I still love it. Even now, the power makes me giggle a little when I real get on it. There is only one little thing that I would change about it, and it's more of a convenience/ease of use thing than a true complaint. I really wish we had a separate partial hatch/glass door on the back like the current Pathfinders. That would be pretty handy. But, like I said, that is nothing major, just a wishlist item.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Welcome to the club. :wave:

·
TNX Administrator
20,234 Posts
:pirate: Ahoy, matey! Welcome! Yer on a site dedicated to Nissan's, "Next Generation Xterra." Step aboard, take in what you can, but promise to share what you learn! :newb:

·
on line
22 Posts
Welcome. It is a great site. I also like the power of the Xterra's engine, especially when I smoke an FJ from a red light.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Welcome :wav:

·
on line
335 Posts
I chose the X because of the versatility, space, power, style, and off road capabilities should I ever find myself in a situation that requires them. It is perfect for a lot of the activities I enjoy.
well said, definitely a good..'why i chose the X'. and i agree with the rear hatch, that woulda been really nice.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Welcome. Looking forward to seeing your how tos...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts