Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Hello all...

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  mojavedesertman 
#1 ·
Hi. I'm Rob from SoCal looking to explore and potentially purchase an Xterra. Figure I search around before going head over heels on a new rig.

#2 ·
It's by far my favorite vehicle. I have owned an array of various trucks/cars and SUVs, and for some reason the X is just special. Test drive one, or ride in one offroad with a friend, see if it is right for you. For me it is perfect. It's the smallest suv me and my girlfriend can sleep in. I'm over 6'2" and weigh 265 lbs and it sleeps us both very comfortably. Awesome rig!!

#3 ·
You have an excellent resource in this site to help determine if an Xterra is what your looking for.

Check out all of the topics and review the "How To" section as this will help identify known Xterra problems and how to fix them. ( Mechanically the Xterra is a rather solid vehicle)

Reactions: Mar10
#4 ·
Welcome to the group Rob. Hopefully you get one soon and spend all your life’s savings, the kid’s college money, secret stash to start your own business, and the down payment on that new house you were gonna build……

I love my X’s so much that I bought TWO.

I’M RICH!!!!!!!!

On a more serious note….. Great bunch of folks here. Lots of knowledge and experience. 98% of all I learned about Xterras was from this awesome forum.

Go buy one already and come back with tons of pics!!!!

#5 ·
Welcome.
They are a unique rig. Very short for a 4dr... so they kind of fill the niche or a small 4 seater, or seats down and are a very roomy 2 seater (room for sleeping, drawers, gear, etc).
They aren't overly tall with tons of ground clearance... but they are VERY flat bellied, so they slide over things that other brands get snagged on.
Main issue for me is the rockers being low... makes some areas tough without dragging your sliders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.