Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.....where to begin? Here in central coast of California. It’s me, wife and son and we love to camp and have a toy hauler and toys but want something a little smaller. My wife and I used to backpack the Sierras and in a few years our son will be 16. So I want a beater and never had a beater so being a little ADD and perfectionist it’s been hard to admit I’m ok scratching a vehicle. We have a JX35 so Nissan is good with us and I want a weekend escape and simple vehicle. And I like to be different so I stumbled by accident into the Xterra world. We do have a F-350 4x4 but that’s only good for towing and not exploring fire roads.

Now my cousin builds desert race trucks but that’s not where I’m headed either so back to the Xterra. Realistically we will be minimalist camping and exploring fire roads. I have no interest in rock crawling but I want to be prepared.
I’m thinking a 2005+ 4x4 Off Road package with a winch, OR tires, some rock sliders and that’s about it.

Thanks for reading my ramblings.

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Xterra OR
845 Posts
Welcome and best of luck in your search for an Xterra.

That will be more than a capable setup for you and your needs...I have an OR model and have done lots of trails in Cali since 2009 no problem (Garcia ridge pictured [pozo]- right after I bought it)

I'm in AG, like I mentioned in a previous thread I'll keep an eye out for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts