Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally getting around to installing my XTP IMS, hefty rear tire carrier and sliders! Pretty stoked.

I had a few questions, as this is all pretty new to me. The bumper install itself seems pretty straightforward, 3+1 bolts (the fourth from heft needs to be drilled, correct?). Questions are mostly concerning the electrical in wiring up the liscense plate light on the bumper, in regards to a clean install. I've got some wire loom and cable ties to keep it clean and element-protected. Any other tips for that part of the install.

Any other tools or supplies I might need to make this go smoothly? I've got a good ratchet set and an angle drill for drilling pilot holes (bit size?). Figured I'd swallow my pride and ask before I'm 8 beer deep and hit a roadblock. Heh.

Thanks. :eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
i used 1/8" drill bit for pilot holes when drilling the frame for my White Knuckle sliders. Made it nice and easy.

If you have never removed your rear bumper before you might learn that getting the bolts off is quite difficult. They also have a tendency (from what I have heard) to break. Spray with PB for a couple days before doing the work. Impact gun helps get them out easily. Breaker bar/cheater pipe might be necessary. I suggest loosening the bolts before doing the other work to ensure everything comes off ok...then start drinking and working on your IMS and sliders and finish up witht he bumper.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, there's only about 6 inches of wire from the light on the swing arm, will I need to add wire to get from the factory wire harness through the bumper to the swing arm?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts