Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've trying to search for some info here in the forum, but many people have different opinions.
I have a 2013 Pro 4X. I want to install the front and rear hefty bumpers.
Do I need to do a lifting on the X or is not required?
If I install the OME suspension lift that Nisstec sells and install the front and rear hefty bumpers, will the X still be lifted by 1.5 inches or the bumpers weight will lower the car?

here's the link of the OME I'm talking about:

http://nissteclifts.com/index.php?p...tegory_id=173&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=72

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
You don't need a lift per se, but there will be a bit of droop (especially while braking) on stock springs. The OME kit with heavy-duty front springs (instead of medium-duty) should be fine to get you started, though eventually the springs will settle so you won't end up with the full 1.5".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't need a lift per se, but there will be a bit of droop (especially while braking) on stock springs. The OME kit with heavy-duty front springs (instead of medium-duty) should be fine to get you started, though eventually the springs will settle so you won't end up with the full 1.5".
How fast will they settle? 3 to 4 years maybe?
I'm not planning to put more weight beside the bumpers. If I go for a ride, I always travel light. Maybe twice a year I'll be loading the X with stuff in the cargo area for a vacation, but for the rest of the year will be light!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
How fast will they settle? 3 to 4 years maybe?
I'm not planning to put more weight beside the bumpers. If I go for a ride, I always travel light. Maybe twice a year I'll be loading the X with stuff in the cargo area for a vacation, but for the rest of the year will be light!
Bumpers.... sliders...skids.....weight adds up....
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 4 of 4 Posts