Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heavy surf will pound the Southern California coast Thursday,
which could cause minor flooding and strong rip currents.

The National Weather Service said south-facing beaches in the region will be hit by surf as high as seven feet Thursday afternoon, the result of a large south-southwest swell originating in the central South Pacific.

"A few local sets near 10 feet are possible," according to an NWS advisory, which said there would be strong rip currents along south-facing beaches starting tonight or Friday and lasting at least through the weekend.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Dagnabbit! Here I am stuck in WA. Last time I saw a surf advisary warning like this (around Thanksgiving last year), I had a truly epic day out kayak surfing off of Gaviota...

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep Mex got hit on the head by the rocks and I think at least one Life Guard got hurt trying to save him!

I just got back from Ventura, Ca and the surf there @ 15:00hrs today (3 hours ago)
was very high!
Too crowded to even get outta the car!!!!!

·
Registered
962 Posts
7 foot waves? That's nothing!

I wish we could have at least one good storm in the gulf to give us some surf. I'm tired of surfing the ground swells that are just barely 5 feet.

Last year's Dolly, Gustav, and Ike were like heaven to go out and surf...but then again, it's a different type of beach and totally different conditions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts