Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone,

I have a small issue that I noticed with my 2006 Xterra 4x4. I went to touch the Nissan emblem on the steering wheel, and it felt fairly warm to the touch, not very hot, but about 10-15 degrees F hotter than the rest of the interior.

I'm fairly sure the Xterra does not have a built-in steering heater, so I assume there may be a wiring fault in the horn, or even the airbag.

The horn, however, works without issues.

I will take it apart and take a look inside to see what's happening and update this post if I find the issue, but I would like to know if anyone here has experienced this problem,

If I determine it is the airbag, I would like to disconnect it immediately, to prevent it from exploding while I am driving, and later have it repaired, . Does anyone have experience with that as well?

Thank you,
-D

·
on line
2,233 Posts
It is amazing what a little sunshine will do to warm up a part.

Leave it alone. Nothing is wrong. There is no heating element. There is nothing that you can do inside the airbag except hurt yourself and cost you a LOT of money. It will not magically explode in your face (unless you run into something).

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
There is nothing to take apart. The airbag is a module and there is no heat unless it has deployed. +1 on your are going to ruin something and/or hurt yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts