Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan Xterra: New 16-inch wheel design for S and Pro-4X trims, Bluetooth hands-free calling, steering wheel audio controls and overhead console sunglass holder standard on X and S trims. Push-type HVAC controls standard on X trim. Standard heated front cloth and optional heated front leather seats on Pro-4X trim. Updated NissanConnect system, upgraded standard audio system on X trim.

Read more: http://www.trucktrend.com/features/news/2013/163_news130716_2014_nissan_lineup/#ixzz2bx6Pt430

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Dear lord they finally made the 'X' trim usable!!!

(Now does it STILL have manual side mirrors?)

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
nah, i want COOLED seats more than heated. there's nothing quite like a nice cool breeze on the boys while sitting in traffic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
UGH! I would give anything to have heated seats in the X! My current other car and my subaru that the X replaced both have heated seats... man I wish I could have them in the X.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I can't imagine anything worse than heated seats. Especially leather. Now heated steering wheel and shift knob, I'm all for that... it gets cold here.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Why wouldn't you want heated seats in a cold climate area? It warms your bum up right away it's great. My 2002 dodge ram has heated and my 12 pro4 x don't. Kinda a piss off but I didn't even have the option

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I don't know... my bum has never been cold. I know people love them tho I'd just rather have cooled seats on a hot day. One time I was riding shotgun in someone's car and something fell on the bum warmer switch and I had no idea what was going on for 5 minutes or so. Worst experience.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
1,082 Posts
If you have seat covers, it is really easy to install heated seats. I just have mine on top of the stock fabric and covered up by the seat covers. Finding where you want to put the switches is the hardest part. There is already an unused fuse slot for heated seats.

·
Registered
419 Posts
How did you attach them to the stock fabric? Heavy duty double sided tape, or the hook side of velcro? I've been contemplating this since I got the coverking ballistics.

·
on line
1,082 Posts
the ebay seat pads that I got came with double sided tape on them, and they've been on for about 2 years now, and I started with neoprene covers, now I have the ballistics. You feel a lot more heat through the ballistics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Those are some good upgrades without "throwing out the baby in the bath water".

My Titan had heated seats and that lured me out of a freezing cold deer stand more than once. Also if the lumbar area is hearted ooohhhh buddy that's nice. Other wise I hated the seats in the Titan, the Xterra is a much better fit for me.

·
Registered
209 Posts
THANK YOU!

I've really been wanting to get seat heaters installed and was thinking asking a stereo shop if they would install them. I didn't want to spend all that money on something that might stop working anytime though. I never even thought about just putting seat covers over them. Now I'll just get the ones that plug into the lighter, they are just pads like the wired ones, and seat covers!

·
Registered
608 Posts
This feature along with all the other worthless ad ons keep adding to the price of what used to be an entry level no-bs SUV. I can't believe all the whining about heated seats, outside temperature sensors, ect.

This feature probably will add $500-1,000 to the price when a $50 or less can get you the same thing aftermarket.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=12v+heated+seat&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=14963053957&hvpos=1t2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7547533862049782080&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_1v1c64oh60_b

·
Registered
172 Posts
This feature along with all the other worthless ad ons keep adding to the price of what used to be an entry level no-bs SUV. I can't believe all the whining about heated seats, outside temperature sensors, ect.

This feature probably will add $500-1,000 to the price when a $50 or less can get you the same thing aftermarket.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=12v+heated+seat&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=14963053957&hvpos=1t2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7547533862049782080&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_1v1c64oh60_b
those work pretty well, but still, look pretty crappy compared to a OEM setup

1 - 20 of 28 Posts