Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as i was installing my HID kit i came across a fuse under the hood for heated mirrors. I know I dont have a switch for them and they do fog up. and idea where i can get a set???? and how much???? and is it possible or do we really share that much with the pathy....

·
on line
1,891 Posts
Try the search function, I know there was talk about this topic a while back. I think the X guys up in Canada have them, and someone here in the states tried them out. Now whether or not he got them to work I don't remember.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
miles said:
npgtech said:
I think the X guys up in Canada have them,
FINALLY! we get an edge up on you guys, we might not have much to choose from up here in wheels but damit we have our heated mirrors! :cheers:
:sign5: I remember my time in Ottawa, sure is nice to have heated mirrors up there. :D

·
on line
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so here is the entire low down on this. out xterras have heated mirrors just like all pathfinders. the only issue is we dont have the wire harness. other than that everything is there. we have the relay under the hood, the switch is the rear defroster(its also the timer 15 min on then it turns it off) so now all we USA x's have to do is locate the wire harness. I believe its the bn50 but i could be wrong. so there right back at ya, we have them too they are just not hooked up.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
marzterra said:
ok so here is the entire low down on this. out xterras have heated mirrors just like all pathfinders. the only issue is we dont have the wire harness. other than that everything is there. we have the relay under the hood, the switch is the rear defroster(its also the timer 15 min on then it turns it off) so now all we USA x's have to do is locate the wire harness. I believe its the bn50 but i could be wrong. so there right back at ya, we have them too they are just not hooked up.
wait, do we have them already on, or would we need to buy the housing etc?

·
on line
1,208 Posts
^^^X2 I looked throught the other 2 threads about this issue and kinda got lost weather we have the correct houseing and mirror, or if they (right side, left side) need to be bought for about $200 per.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
Hopefully Marzterra is on to something, last winter in Fayetteville, I could'ave used these darn things, instead of sitting there with my window down trying to re-direct my side window heater air to my side mirrors with my hand. BURRRRRR, it gets cold, not as cold as other places mind you but when you move from Hawaii to NC, it is a big change.

·
on line
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lostboy said:
marzterra said:
wait, do we have them already on, or would we need to buy the housing etc?

yes we already have them on...the local stealership is tellin me it will not work becase the BCM sets the timer...bla bla bla...you should of seen the service writers eyes and the master tech when I reference the service guide stating"the rear de-fogger switch also controls the heated mirrors(if so equiped), associated with the switch is the BCM wich limits both of these to a time of 15 minutes so not to cause damage to the glass in either area" very funny to see but now they dont want to help locate the wire harness....any canadian X owners out there I am looking for the wire harness I know what i have is 4 pins and I need the 10 pin...part numbers and prices are needed...ill buy and try :geek:

·
on line
1,208 Posts
SWEET!!! Hey you CANUCKS!!! Help us out here!!

·
on line
807 Posts

·
on line
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
brutus_skx said:
^^^X2 I looked throught the other 2 threads about this issue and kinda got lost weather we have the correct houseing and mirror, or if they (right side, left side) need to be bought for about $200 per.
here is all the info you will ever want to know...I get bored so I start reading parts books and here is what i came up with.

05+ xterra
96301-RH-Housing
96302-LH-Housing

96367m-RH-Motor unit
96368m-LH-Moror unit

96365m-RH-Mirror glass
96366M-LH-Mirror glass

05+ pathy
96301-RH-Housing
96302-LH-Housing

96367m-RH-Motor unit
96368m-LH-Moror unit

96365m-RH-Mirror glass
96366M-LH-Mirror glass

So one could assume that the parts are there. According to the parts book no other assemblies are listed for either one, yet the pathy has an option for heated mirrors so one could then state that we do have the mirrors with the heater element in it..I found that both the x and the path share the same main harness(p/n 24010) so that means for all of you that did the aftermarket fog light install, depending on what stalk you have, if you have an auto headlight featured on your stalk one could then assume you ad p/n 27705 and put it in the stock locaton(the one inch square dead center furthest point forward) and you now have the light sensor for the auto headlights...$45.00 btw...after finding all that they still dont list individal door harness numbers...so I had no luck findning the p/n but the stock harness goes for $18.00 so I dont think the accessory harness to add heated mirrors would be any more than that. just waiting on a canadian x to open up the side of the door and tell me whats going on.... :bounce:

·
on line
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
stevet47 said:
How practical do you think it would be to just epoxy a Peltier plate to the back of the glass and use it as a defroster? You could wire it any way you want, either just on a switch with a limit timer, or with a thermo-switch, or even into the defroster wire.
http://cgi.ebay.com/158-Watt-Peltie...oryZ4660QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
since the part is already there its a matter of getting the harness...I might get me some of those and get one heated and one cooled cup holder...

·
on line
1,208 Posts
^^ thats a good idea, im not electrical savy, but it sounds like they get way hot and way cold, so you would melt the plastic cup holder and also freeze it, don't you think?

·
on line
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
its all about resistors....limit the power to control the temp....
TEC's are pretty sweet-Thermoelectric cooling uses the Peltier effect to create a heat flux between the junction of two different types of materials. A Peltier cooler, heater, or thermoelectric heat pump is a solid-state active heat pump which transfers heat from one side of the device to the other side against the temperature gradient (from cold to hot), with consumption of electrical energy. Such an instrument is also called a Peltier device, Peltier diode, Peltier heat pump, solid state refrigerator, or thermoelectric cooler (TEC).[1] Because heating can be achieved more easily and economically by many other methods, Peltier devices are mostly used for cooling. However, when a single device is to be used for both heating and cooling, a Peltier device may be desirable. Simply connecting it to a DC voltage will cause one side to cool, while the other side warms. The effectiveness of the pump at moving the heat away from the cold side is totally dependent upon the amount of current provided and how well the heat from the hot side can be removed.-wikipedia

Peltier devices are commonly used in camping and portable coolers and for cooling electronic components and small instruments. The cooling effect of Peltier heat pumps can also be used to extract water from the air in dehumidifiers.

·
on line
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok I got inside the x today and pulled the door off...took pics incase people needed to know how to... but what i found was the wire harness going to the mirror only has 3 wires on each end of the connector...however there looks like there is one that is visable by a clearish white cap that appears to be terminated before the mirror side connector...so you crazy canadians get in the door an tell me what you see....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts