Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a creaky/loose window looked at. No other noticable problems at this time. Anyone know of anything I should get checked out while I'm there?

Thanks

·
on line
3,484 Posts
http://www.nissanhelp.com/Bulletins/Xterra/2005/1.htm

TSB look up link, go there, read, think if you have any of that and report. The sqeaking belt seems to be a big one and maybe the brakes.
Say your wipers suck and under certain miles 10K I think they are free.

Tell them you had that hitch put on in Ca. and soms azzhole forgot to put in all the bolts! LOL
MC

·
on line
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
usmc xterra said:
http://www.nissanhelp.com/Bulletins/Xterra/2005/1.htm

TSB look up link, go there, read, think if you have any of that and report. The sqeaking belt seems to be a big one and maybe the brakes.
Say your wipers suck and under certain miles 10K I think they are free.

Tell them you had that hitch put on in Ca. and soms azzhole forgot to put in all the bolts! LOL
MC
Took a look at the bulletins and I'll bring up the squeaky brakes, fan belt, and breather for the rear dif.

They're a good dealership. They'll probably give me the bolts. Some on here could use them

Thanks

·
on line
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wharton Nissan Parkersburg, WV

Great dealership. Told him my issues along with the TSB numbers and no questions asked. New break pads and hardware, fixed the breather on the rear end, and will order the parts for the squeaky belt. Took all of 45 minutes. I would have got the run around and "can't replicate the problem" if I took it to a dealership in CA. Excellent dealership.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
WOW! That is how it should be. They get money for doing service from Nissan. I can't understand all the "We can't do that." going on. You know the drill, they have to have the will and the skill. A dealer that refuses service, such as the cam bolts, does not have the will to replace them or the skill to get paid for it. Luckily my dealer is same as what you got.

I hope the bolts came and they were the right ones. I really had no idea about that. You said the small ones, I sent the replacement for the small ones. Mine were a little cross threaded. I had to run em through a Die.

MC

·
on line
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
usmc xterra said:
WOW! That is how it should be. They get money for doing service from Nissan. I can't understand all the "We can't do that." going on. You know the drill, they have to have the will and the skill. A dealer that refuses service, such as the cam bolts, does not have the will to replace them or the skill to get paid for it. Luckily my dealer is same as what you got.

I hope the bolts came and they were the right ones. I really had no idea about that. You said the small ones, I sent the replacement for the small ones. Mine were a little cross threaded. I had to run em through a Die.

MC
I got them and thanks

Todd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts