Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm thinking about getting some headers and a new exhaust but i dont want it to be too loud.

Anyone have any videos of inside and outside of the X with the JBA headers and gibson/magnaflo exhaust?

·
on line
1,054 Posts
hmm, sexterras doesn't sound much like that 2nd video, but it could also just be the way the sound is from video.

·
on line
5 Posts
headers dont make it louder, tehy make it a little deeper tho.

i have an 05 x with gibson catback exhaust and jba headers, which i compared to my brothers 06 x with just the exhaust. mine is no louder, just deeper and sounds better with a little bit more perfomance. then again my exhaust is fairly new and hasnt been broken in very much. haha just lettin u know everything to make ur own judgement, but they dont make it much louder on my x.

·
on line
628 Posts
ProjectX said:
hmm, sexterras doesn't sound much like that 2nd video, but it could also just be the way the sound is from video.
Two different exhaust systems, Sexterras running the Magnaflo and the other is the Gibson.

Sorry about thread jacking here, but I have always wondered what is it that causes the heavy condensation that is expelled through the exhaust. It doesn't seem to matter how long you drive it, but water seems to pour out constantly. Can anyone explain why?

·
on line
30 Posts
The water is from the rapid cooling of the exhaust temperature. The water vapor in the gases condenses back to water when the temperature falls below the boiling point of I think 212 degrees.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts