Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Xterra S M6 and 2010 Xterra Off Road
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have these on my 06. Gave me about 1 1/2" of lift. Was kind of upset that the price had shot up after I bought mine. Evidently I grabbed a deal. Which is back now.

Super quick shipping. I Had a good experience with them. Shipping was about 70 bucks to Indiana in November.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's pretty reasonable. Grab an AAL kit if you want lift, and this becomes a pretty solid base. Certainly cheaper than an $800 pair of Alcans or Deavers.
I think I had 420 in my set that is on my 06. 1 1/2" of lift w/o doing anything. I think them plus an adjustable shackle and you'd be good. Rides a ton better and much more reasonable than noisy OME's. I'm not sure in the real off roading world if they're the same or have some other limitations that make them less optimal. They are a heckuvalot better than my factory ones that bottomed out on everything.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had them on the Xterra since November. Last I checked it was 1 1/2" of lift. I don't have much fear of them flattening out...but I haven't checked the rear ride height lately. Can cehck this weekend. Had an off roading trip on them a couple weeks ago. They have been excercised.

As for ride they ride great. Much better than bottoming out factory springs(duh)

They are very quiet. Have pads between the leaves.

·
Registered
2015 Auto PRO 4X
37 Posts
Guys newbie question on those springs. That price on the link is for a whole new spring and not like an add a leaf right?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys newbie question on those springs. That price on the link is for a whole new spring and not like an add a leaf right?
yes, whole spring.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had a slight ‘shim is needed’ vibration for a bit then it went away. Likely need shins to do it right is my suspicion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks, I just bought a set and they should be delivered by end of next week. Did you need to change anything when installing these?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, I just bought a set and they should be delivered by end of next week. Did you need to change anything when installing these?
get new extended ubolts. I put on shackles too. Hope they’re sending you bushings for rear. I think that’s part of their deal.

And glad I could help

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got the bushings as part of the deal. But I didn’t get extended ubolts. There’s a spring shop locally that I should be able to get some from.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got the bushings as part of the deal. But I didn’t get extended ubolts. There’s a spring shop locally that I should be able to get some from.
I got some crappy ones from autozone but they worked. Just best to not get to that point andrealize you need them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts