Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have it, hear it, or thinking about getting it?

Does it pull in stations from further destinations?

Thanks

·
on line
2,077 Posts
i asked one of the sales guys at tweeter about it when i was looking into a new stereo, he said it wasn't worth it yet, only a few station and they weren't coming in any better than regular FM stations....granted that was about 10 months ago, so things could have changed since then.

·
on line
10,133 Posts
willgr1 said:
i asked one of the sales guys at tweeter about it when i was looking into a new stereo, he said it wasn't worth it yet, only a few station and they weren't coming in any better than regular FM stations....granted that was about 10 months ago, so things could have changed since then.
same here. i'm an HD addict though (tv), so regardless, i may do this soon

·
on line
114 Posts
hattrik21 said:
I already have satellite radio so I won't be getting it. If it still has the commercials, I'm out. I guess I'm just spoiled now. :)
Exactly, HD radio is the same content at regular radio, including the commercials.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I have had HD radio for over a year now and I love it. It's not as good as Sat radio, but it's free.

In Pittsburgh, there are 8 or so stations that come in HD, they all have an HD2 station and a couple have an HD3 station. The HD2 and HD3 stations do not have commercials, they are a secondary broadcast over the same frequency.

The sound quality on the HD radio is great. You get none of the analog his and the signal is not as compressed as Sat radio. IMO it sounds much better than Sat radio.

I have an HD JVC HU, I forget the model, but I only paid $140 for it over a year ago. It's not real fancy, but it's got everything I need.

·
on line
1,123 Posts
I have an HD tuner hooked to the stock HU. The quality of the HD is great and most of the time it switches seamlessly between HD and analog as reception changes. It is more prone to losing the HD signal but I like getting the extra stations.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
HD radio is NOT high definition - it's high density. Using two or three digital signals can be "hung" on the sides of the analog signals allowing for more types of services.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts