Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I hate iPODS, I think they monopolize the market and it's annoying. I have a creative labs Zen Vision M, I love it, it's better than any iPOD I've ever used. Question is, I have the rockford system with the iPOD interface and the auxillary in jack. Now, I can use any audio device with the input jack obviously. I want to be able to control my Zen with the steering wheel like as if I had a Crap pod. Anyone know of any modding, converters, etc? Any insight would help. Thanks

·
on line
432 Posts
This would be interesting. I'd like to see it done but I have no idea how those controls link with it. (Don't have my X yet to play with the wires.)

Let us know if you find a way to do it.

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have searched hi and low. I cannot believe this day in age that this is actually a hard thing to so. So far I have no found anything, not even an aftermarket HU that can control the zen, all iPOD. It's like Nike and McDonalds, stupid american pop culture, thanks MTV. So far nothing, I'll keep lookin'.

·
on line
366 Posts
I was reading through my Avic D3 manual (Pioneer) and apparently you can get a cable to hook up any USB device and play music off of it. I'm not exactly sure what the interface is like, or if it reads the ID3 tags, etc. That dosen't really solve the steering wheel control problem, but maybe there's a hack to get it to work with the pioneer.

·
on line
628 Posts
I have the JVC KD BT1, with it I use a Western Digital 120 GB External Hard Drive. It displays the ID3 Tags on the Headunit. the only downfalls I have with it are that it automatically defaults to the "USB Source" upon powering up, requiring me to manually change the source each time and also it does not let me scroll to the Artist title only. I too have a distatse for the Ipod, and was using my Phillips Go Gear, but this allows me to have a stand alone system with less wires and electronic compnents to hide.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
If you go the usb route, doesn't Pioneer or maybe some other company that makes your factory steering wheel controls work with a new head unit?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts