1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
on line
1,656 Posts
Are you sure it isn't your drain plug that is leaking? Might be worth to check if you haven't - may just need tightened.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I usually try to shy away from the cheapest part available, unless I am really on a budget. All the radiators could very well be the same quality.

These are all the options: Link

When I replaced my radiator I think I went with the Koyo on the 2nd page. In my head it was higher quality than the others, and also not $300... does that make me a brainwashed consumer that directly correlates price with quality? Probably a little bit. I guess it depends on how much you want to spend.

Griffin makes a radiator for the X now for $500+...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good idea to check!

But there's coolant all along the the plastic portion of the rad with the drip localized to the opposite side of the drain.

I may pull the rad to inspect further before replacing, though I may as well just avoid the dreaded SMOD and install a replacement while I've got it out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link NOAH.

I agree that the cheapest parts usually make me a bit nervous. I'll take your advice and look for a happy medium.

Thanks

·
on line
1,656 Posts
Check your hoses too. Most people that I know of who have replaced them go with the Koyo model A2807. To my knowledge, this model uses slightly different internals so SMOD would not be an issue with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts