Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just wondering if anyone’s installed the Waterport Weekender onto their Xterra with the standard roof rack and if so, could you post pictures of it installed? I know that Waterport sells crossbar linkages for vehicles that don’t have a full roof rack, so I’m just wondering how it looks! Thank you.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I don't have a lot of confidence in the stock crossbars and don't find them all that useful, so if I had something like that (almost 100# when full) I'd bolt it into a strut channel crossbar like this:

·
Registered
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6spd
121 Posts
The factory crossbars are pretty weak. Not sure if 100# of water will be supported. If somehow you can find a way for the 2in round bars that might work. Or if you can find yakima/thule crossbars that fit the X, that will work also.

I bought an aluminum roof basket from Roxterra on this site and added thule cross bars. I then mount my Yakima 4gal roadshower to the Thules. Holds up great. Sold basket/cross bars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have a lot of confidence in the stock crossbars and don't find them all that useful, so if I had something like that (almost 100# when full) I'd bolt it into a strut channel crossbar like this:

This was super helpful. I appreciate the guide!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The factory crossbars are pretty weak. Not sure if 100# of water will be supported. If somehow you can find a way for the 2in round bars that might work. Or if you can find yakima/thule crossbars that fit the X, that will work also.

I bought an aluminum roof basket from Roxterra on this site and added thule cross bars. I then mount my Yakima 4gal roadshower to the Thules. Holds up great. Sold basket/cross bars.

View attachment 137206
This is exactly what I’m looking for! Do you happen to have a link to the Roxterra roof basket? I’ll try to search for it on the site too, I’m new to the layout though!

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
I suggested in the past (in private) putting the shower container on top of Sherpa side rack with extra mounts holding front.

That would stick upwards quite less than if placed above the rack, and leave rack for other rack cargo use.

Sherpa could use thicker aluminum or steel instead for that purpose. Since one might want to put more things on.

As the fist photo shows in the following link, you start at the bottom of the stock rails, that’s the top of Sherpa

Going this route would need a side to side connection (such as a welded, not bolted roof rack) to distribute the stress

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
Stock bars: don’t do it with a shower water container (due to weight and shifting weight).

Our rack buyers broke those stock bars with lumber transport (hence the switch away from stock bars), the weak spots are the plastic on sides of the bars, plastic which gets brittle with age and breaks under overloading.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.