Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
2011 Xterra Pro-4X - Red Brick
127 Posts
About 9 months ago I installed the Nismo Cat back SS exhaust - I like the sound as there is minimal drone. I will likely have the tail pipe end modified to shorten, and I don't use the fancy chrome 'tip' as it made the interior louder. So no need for anything different.

· Registered
2011 Xterra Pro-4X - Red Brick
127 Posts
I would be interested in seeing better pictures showing clearance at the tip. From images I’ve seen it seems to hang a little lower than I would like.
The Z1 looks to be very similar to the Nismo. Yes, the tip is a bit low, and blows almost directly to where I stand when connecting a trailer or accessing the rear. I'm interested in having it a bit shorter and possibly directing the exhaust more downward.

If the Z1 had been available at the beginning of the year, I would have likely gotten it.

· Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
About 9 months ago I installed the Nismo Cat back SS exhaust - I like the sound as there is minimal drone. I will likely have the tail pipe end modified to shorten, and I don't use the fancy chrome 'tip' as it made the interior louder. So no need for anything different.
I too am not a fan of any of the tips they provide. Looks too ricey for my taste. I would much rather go without.

· Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One of my friends just bought it.. I will be seeing him on Sunday.. but dont think it will be installed on his truck yet by that time.
View attachment 148073
Please post pics once installed. I am not in a hurry to purchase but it did get my attention.

Reactions: Sturmvoik

· Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice! It doesn't sound overly obnoxious.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts