Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
on line
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

How hard is it to replace the glass in the rear doors? I have found threads describing how to take the door panel apart but have not found any about replacing the glass. Are any special tools needed? Do I need to replace any other parts if I get in there?

I just got a call from my wife that someone broke into her 2006 X this evening. I guess she is waiting for the police to show up so she can make a report. Fortunately, she did not have anything of real value in the vehicle. From what she said, I think they broke the window in the rear driver side door to get in. Courtesey Parts gives a price of $51.42 for the glass. If any of the local dealers have the part, I would want to try to install it rather than have to wait for an insurance adjuster etc.

Thanks.

Phil

·
on line
10,133 Posts
call a local glass replacement company. see how much they want. cost of replacement depends on the vehilce. my old Jetta cost $90 for the front windshield (installed) while my mazda 3 was close to $300 for the front windshield (again, installed). most of those companies will do it in your driveway or parking lot at work. for the price, it's well worth the convenience and most come with a warranty for leaks, etc.

·
on line
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I managed to find the only rears side window at the Nissan Dealers in Houston but had to drive to the furthest side of town to pick it up. The price wan't too bad, $75 including tax. I finally got it in after trying several different ways that did not work. The wife is happy that her X was out of commission for only one day. I managed to take some pictures so when I have some free time I will try posting a how-to thread since it was kind of tricky.

Phil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts