Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone. I have a set of Total Chaos UCA (non Titan). Im debating cutting off the Bump stop plate to allow a bit more droop. Has anyone done this? If so what has your experience been? I imagine they would perform more like the PRG UCAs.

·
on line
1,365 Posts
Hello Everyone. I have a set of Total Chaos UCA (non Titan). Im debating cutting off the Bump stop plate to allow a bit more droop. Has anyone done this? If so what has your experience been? I imagine they would perform more like the PRG UCAs.
When I had TC arms, I almost did this. But, I did see that one member on here did that and had no issue.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
If you have newer Radflos or similar coilovers, you can cut it off. They have internal droop limiters.
But don't cut it off if you plan on using spacers regardless of coilover.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you have newer Radflos or similar coilovers, you can cut it off. They have internal droop limiters.
I have new radflo extended coilovers with a 1" spacer. If i follow your logic, wouldn't PRG and SPC UCA have the same issue?

·
Registered
2011 PRO-4X
936 Posts
it will increase my droop
I understand that but what I was saying is that if your coilovers are not made to handle the limiting duties you could pull the piston out of them.
In this case you would need limiting straps or verify your coilovers can handle the limiting duties.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have Radflos also. Mine are roughly 5yrs old. What is newer?

OP sorry I don't mean to hi-jak your thread.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Cutting the stop off is perfectly fine, and actually NECCESSARY to use your coil over setup to it's full potential.

Extended Rads and a 1" (lift) spacer squeak out every last mm of possible travel in the factory Xterra suspension. The bump stop prevents them from doing so.

Tip on that setup.... Only adjust your Rads to a point that still allows for at least 2" of droop when you jack up the truck. Any less and the truck is going to ride bad and even more noisy.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Oh, I'll add... Make sure the UCA clears the coil bucket through its full arc of travel before you assemble everything.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I cant even imagine what angle of the axels are from a front view?
Is it safe to say the front track has been narrowed by at least 2"?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts