Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So my Xterra is back at Spencer Low Racing with Hannemann fenders fitted. They need to be painted and trimmed flush with the contours of the Shrock bumper, but you can get the picture.

With 2.5" longer half-shafts, a 3/4" spacer, and 8" wheels, the track is about 4-4.5" wider per side in front.

·
on line
807 Posts
I like the X fenders soo much better than the Frontier fenders (stock or Hanneman). I wish I could swap mine out for some from an X without changing the grill and headlights!

Those look awesome!

Also, those look like less of a bulge than the Frontier fenders they make. Even with the Titan suspension swap, the frontier fenders cover the tires by a couple inches. Those look perfect.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spencer at SLR just sent these along. The details are much easier to see if you take the pics and enlarge them. Any thoughts on trimming or other fine-tuning would be much appreciated. And thanks for all the positive feedback. The whole lift is just about finished.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Well Dave, just so you know... you're truck will handle/ride great when you get it back. I made it out there the other day and was wheelin some desert trails and spotted Spencer in your X... dude, he was hittin' this one jump at about 40mph... the X took it like a champ! :blackeye:
I'm glad to see he at least washed it before he sent you those pics, hehe!

OK, so no such thing happened... the ride looks great though. It's cool how they made the half-liner to keep crap from shooting into the door panel. I will admit that those fenders will probably look retarded with the stock bumper though... I'd need to do some glass work to make them turn back into the bumper... basically something like they'll be doing to yours to make it more seamless with the Shrock bumper.

What's the new ETA?

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lifeinthesouth said:
What's the new ETA?
It sounds like it'll be ready to roll by the end of this weekend. That may not include all the, painting, final fender fitting, etc., but I'm going on a three-week trip camping and wheeling in Northern California on July 21 or so, and as long as it's ready to hammer, and I get some lead time to try the thing out on some local trails, tweaking the aesthetics can wait til I get back.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
:banghead: why o why did i have to spend all my money on a supercharger???? :banghead:

Oh well.... I guess I will have to start saving up for these now..... How much would you say the finished product would cost.... Im sure they come unpainted so tell us about how much it costs you to color match them also.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts