Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
I just got mine today, smoke with black housing. I'll try to install and post pics tomorrow.
i am really curious about these. post up them pics! when you get them...

·
on line
181 Posts
It says they drop in but the whole 2 plugs on the lights and 1 plug on the X thing is confusing me. I agreed with cynic, they were too busy looking until i saw the tinted versions. The tint blended everything together. SHADOW how did you wire up the headlights?

·
on line
181 Posts
I went to the dealership for my 3 month service today, i figured id ask them and they wouldnt touch the lights when they saw the plugs. Ill try an audio shop sometime this week. Stock lights are 3 wire, 1 plug. Once rewired, only difference would be 2 grounds instead of one. Not sure if i want to hack anything up by myself just yet.

·
on line
64 Posts
you do not have to hack anything. do what i did... i made a harness conversion that converts 9007 to the proper two H1 connectors. Just buy a 9007 upgrade wiring kit to get the male 9007 connection to the stock housing. cut the other side of the wiring kit off and splice two H1 connectors to the wires. The H1 connectors should now plug directly into the halo housings. I will post a picture once I get one uploaded to this computer.

·
on line
181 Posts
So I got tired of waiting and installed them myself. I did not hook up the LEDs or halos, dont really care for them. I chopped off the 9007 connector on the X, soldered in a 9005 and a 9006 on each side (this is what the projectors have.. who came up with that one?) and it comes with H1 bulbs. I bought an HID kit on ebay today so i'll post pics when I get those.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts