Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
on line
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the past few nites after work the boys and I have been hitting some trails, and gravel pits having a good time.

Well on my way out from the pit, I found a small trail into the bush. I had to go see where it went.. Well it took me to a few small water holes. Now keep in mind that I'm up in Fort McMurray, Alberta. There is lots of Skeg here.

So anyway I decided to attempt the first one. No issues, idled through it, crossed over into the second, and it looked deeper and like it had more mud... well upon my better judgement for certain reasons if you know what I mean... lol, I went for it, well now I spun a little and got through. I went for the 3rd one, and same thing. I made it out and realized I can't get past the 4th hole. So I had to back up. My buddy said pin it, but I thought trying NOT to spin would be best... NOPE, shoulda pinned it to win it! So I sunk and dug a hole.

We had to walk out a few kms, until a buddy picked us up.

The next day at work I grabbed a 20ft Kevlar endless sling, 2 - 12ft slings and a shackle.

My buddy brought his Jeep to work and he pulled me out. Had a 3" lift and half wore out 33" Duratracs.

He actually started to get stuck positioning his Jeep. He had to really spin the tires to keep them clean. He had to yank a few times until I realized that I had to put er to the rug to clean the tires out and get traction. That got me out. So now his Jeep has a Chev, Ford & now a Nissan under it's belt for recovery.

Oh how I'm getting a locker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Honestly, with the way you're sitting in that mud, a locker may not have mattered a whole lot. Looks like the axle is sitting in the mud, just plain no traction. I'm assuming that your "if you know what I mean" comment was in reference to the beer cans laying around the truck? Kinda lame if so.

Edit: Surf and Snow was ahead of me there. Same as he said though, hope you guys cleaned them up.

·
on line
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad to see everyone quick to judge. I love it.

I actually wasn't hung up at all, the rear end was clear.

I do believe a locker would of helped. It may of got me out, we'll never know.

Yup up here in the North the sun isn't around much....

·
Premium Member
22,508 Posts
Hope you guys picked up all your beer cans I see thrown on the ground...
... in reference to the beer cans laying around the truck? Kinda lame if so.

Edit: Surf and Snow was ahead of me there. Same as he said though, hope you guys cleaned them up.
. -5 for each can.
Or those beer cans all over the ground...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Glad to see everyone quick to judge. I love it.
Are you kidding me? We all have every damn right to wonder if you picked up your mess. It's a few a-holes that throw beer cans all over our trails and campsites trashing the place that get all of our trails and campsites closed down for good. I abso-fuging-lutely will judge a person who litters all over the trails, and I hope everyone else does to, so maybe someone you wheel with will speak up.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
"Wheeling Sober is for Jeeps"

....... Ninja Credo Moab 11. Actually none of us were drinking on the trails.... uuuuuugh, most of us weren't drinking on the trails. Mostly just hung over. Extremely hung over

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Hell, I think drunk wheeling is worse than drunk driving! You know how easy it is to break something stone sober..

Now I agree with the Ninja. Hung over wheeling... That's a while other ball game. With that splintering headache and almost wanting to vomit, you take that $#|7 easy!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
988 Posts
This doesn't surprise me, fort mcmurray is our regional oil sands town up in northern Alberta. It's full of people usually from out east who end of the day could give 2 ****s about the land.

The mentality is everyone drives a lifted diesel, does a ****load of blow, and wears tapout shirts. Not saying the OP fits that description just that with that kind of crowd your not going to see much of a responsible 4x4 scene.

It's usually just oil lease roads that these guys bomb down so no worry of trails being shut down. I just ask not please not think this is acceptable practice with our a.x.e group.

A lot of it comes down to education, sometimes people genuinely don't see the impact there poor behavior has in the big picture. And sometimes people are just douchebags and they'll never learn, hopefully were all just being quick to judge and those weren't beer cans and they were cleaned up after.

·
on line
3,453 Posts
Clean up your sh!t and be damn respectful of the trails around your area.
As others said, we WILL be quick to judge a idiot who litters sh!t all over the place....that's why theres so many trails closing down....oil lease or not.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I'm kinda surprised at the comments here. Coming down on someone for beer cans that he might or might not have dropped there, or might have picked up after the fact. Who here has never, ever littered anything in their lives?

What was that old story about casting the first stone?

I hope he cleaned up whatever was there, but geez, there are nicer ways to influence people.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I'm kinda surprised at the comments here. Coming down on someone for beer cans that he might or might not have dropped there, or might have picked up after the fact. Who here has never, ever littered anything in their lives?

What was that old story about casting the first stone?

I hope he cleaned up whatever was there, but geez, there are nicer ways to influence people.
This...but then again this is the interweb......

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
on line
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's all right guys. U can bash me all u want and jump to conclusions like most of u have. I understand this is the Internet and I made post and opened the door.

I never once said that I tossed the cans on the ground, or if they were even mine. Nor did I even say that I was drinking. U just all assumed that I was because I said I made a poor decision due to lack of poor judgement if u know what I mean. Did anyone not even read that I was out 4x4 alone without another rig, and that the holes were getting deeper and deeper. Guess not.

Glad that u may think everyone from the east just trashes everything.

I never expected this sort of reponse all based on assumptions.

Long and short of it.... NO one is a perfect citizen, the cans were picked up, I was not on a trail, and yes a locker would have helped a lot.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 38 Posts