Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took some low mileage junker lower control arms to MWH Fabrication here in Eugene, OR. Had them take off the swaybar brackets (which I don't need 'cause I don't have a front swaybar anymore), which actually hang below the bottom face of the control arm. Had them plate the bottom so that it would make a better skid. Also had them remove the stock bumpstops and weld on some air bump striker plates.

Mike, the owner/fabricator, does great work and his shop rate is decent ($55/hr). Took him 2.5 hours to do both these control arms. If anybody in the wants to ship him any stuff to work on, he'd be happy to.

http://www.mwhfabrication.com/

Or give him a call at (541) 912-6803.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Yeah nice. I'd look into supporting the area around the shockmount too, given previous experience w/ their LCA failures.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DBAX said:
Yeah nice. I'd look into supporting the area around the shockmount too, given previous experience w/ their LCA failures.
Good point, DBAX. It's probably gonna be a couple months before I've ordered the front bumps and I'm ready to do this. He'll be the guy welding the bump cans, so I will probably have him do something to reinforce those shock tabs before it's all said and done.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't quote me on it, but you're probably looking at about $130-$160 for labor. That's for skids on the bottom and striker plate on top of each control arm. And then shipping back and forth.

Call him to double check. I think his websit has his old shop address in Elmira for Veneta, OR. He moved his shop to Eugene about 6-8 months ago, so you'll want to talk w/ him to verify his shipping address.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts