Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is always putting her makeup on in the car, whether she is riding or driving. I am a super OCD neat freak ESPECIALLY when it comes to the inside of my cars.

My Xterra has become my wife's daily driver now that we had our first child because she is the one typically taking our daughter to and from daycare. (Our Accord coupe isn't very car seat friendly) This means her stuff is strewn everywhere. THANK GOD for the Xterra's extra large cup holders.

On to the main point of this post:
I hung a little square organizer bag (from 31) from the shifter for my wife to keep her makeup in so that when we go places together, I am able to use my cup holder. (See picture)

Any one else have OCD issues like me and what are your solutions?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
My GF is always worried about tracking in dirt or mud and making a mess. I've told her many times that I bought the Xterra to get out in the country and see things. A little dirt or mess inside isn't going to hurt it one bit.
If I wanted to OCD about a vehicle I wouldn't have an offroad machine.

·
Registered
386 Posts
My wife very rarely drives mine. She doesn't mind riding in it or wheeling. But she hates driving it. She does put the McDonald stickers on the dash which drives me insane.

·
Registered
546 Posts
My wife is more OCD than me about the inside of my X being neat. I'll have like 2 receipts in the cup holder and she's like "don't **** your car out!"

·
Registered
414 Posts
When my wife gets in, first thing she does is pull down the visor to look in the mirror, then slams it back up. Drives me nuts.

And putting things on the dashboard. Unless it is a piece of equipment like a GPS, I don't put clutter on the dash, and don't hang things from the mirror.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm OCD about the inside of my X, when I'm around town and not on a trip. If I'm gone for a time, i just know it'll get messy.

BUT, when my girlfriend leaves her trash/random sh*t in the car, it infuriates me. I never leave my stuff in anyones ride.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
I married a gal cute enough that she doesn't need makeup. And I'm not OCD. :shrug: :D :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
My husband leaves orange/banana peels, food wrappers, and open drink bottles in my x. I hate letting him drive it.

Be thankful your woman only leaves makeup containers laying around.

·
Well then...
406 Posts
We needed an adventure vehicle for camping, road trips, room for more than two, etc. that my G35 coupe lacked. My wife was awesome enough to like the X. It's her car, it hurts and I get flustered when she doesn't take old water bottles out, there's sticky soda drops all over the place but ultimately it is her car; and she is my wife who I love, so I end up apologizing for getting so angry. I even let her put a blingy license plate frame on without a peep.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Oh, wow - this bothers you and you now have kids? Better get used to it - and much worse.

I have been married 20 years and have two daughters that are now teenagers. Not much bothers me anymore.
Funny, I am the exact opposite on this. In 26 days I will have no more teenagers. Nothing used to bother me, now my nerves are shot and everything bothers me.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh, wow - this bothers you and you now have kids? Better get used to it - and much worse.

I have been married 20 years and have two daughters that are now teenagers. Not much bothers me anymore.
Yea.. I'm screwed.

I just can't take clutter and trash. Hence why I have one of those car trash cans and got her a makeup basket.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts