Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'08 S, Black, modifications in the works.
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a quick search and saw a few "I'm gonna try it" posts but I don't see any solutions yet. Has anybody tackled it for their Xterra? I watched this video yesterday and it looks like a pretty straightforward mod, at least on his truck.

Yodatek may have an Xterra kit coming I hear. yodaTEQ design

·
Registered
618 Posts
Tin Can Overland Gear was doing some prototypes... but they fell silent a while ago. Not sure if any progress has been made.

Another member on FB did make their own, they looked pretty awesome but had some issues I believe. I think the shape of the window is the main issue.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
my only thought would quick access to the back cargo area without having to open the rear hatch
That and it’s kinda cool looking. Some mods are just for fun but I agree it’s more of a novelty mod that anything else.

·
Registered
'08 S, Black, modifications in the works.
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What is the appeal of these? Genuinely curious.
Sure! In my case, I am kind of just exploring options.

1. I am likely putting a Balmer Fabrication rear bumper and tire swing on the back of this truck soon and we typically have 2 mountain bikes on a 1Up Rack. Yes, that stuff is easy enough to get out of the way but how nice would it be to access a bit of the back of the truck without having to, esp for my wife.
2. With the ARB awning on the driver's side we seem to spend more time on the side of the truck than the back so it might be nice for kitchen/cooking supplies. Right now I tend to put this stuff on the back seat and open and close the door.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Sure! In my case, I am kind of just exploring options.

1. I am likely putting a Balmer Fabrication rear bumper and tire swing on the back of this truck soon and we typically have 2 mountain bikes on a 1Up Rack. Yes, that stuff is easy enough to get out of the way but how nice would it be to access a bit of the back of the truck without having to, esp for my wife.
2. With the ARB awning on the driver's side we seem to spend more time on the side of the truck than the back so it might be nice for kitchen/cooking supplies. Right now I tend to put this stuff on the back seat and open and close the door.
Thanks. One of my reasons I'll probably not ever get a rear tire carrier is the inconvenience of it blocking the rear hatch. It seems like a lot of demand for the gullwing window idea comes from those that have a rear tire carrier, so that totally makes sense. Though my wife is short enough she would probably need a stepstool to make use of a side window there!

We also have an ARB awning and if we used it for cooking under I could see how it'd be handy to be able to access the inside that way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts