Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

281 - 300 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
I can say that for quite some time your rig has been one of, if not my favorite rig. It looks perfectly in line with what i have wanted and aspired to do, and i just need to make sure that i don't copy you! excellent job, can't wait to see the new rear bumper on, and hopefully meet you in person at a wheeling trip somewhere. Keep doin what your doin! :headbang:

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
Dave's work is sweet, what are those wings and cross member pieces for that are attached to the tire carrier for?
That you will see shortly as well.

I can say that for quite some time your rig has been one of, if not my favorite rig. It looks perfectly in line with what i have wanted and aspired to do, and i just need to make sure that i don't copy you! excellent job, can't wait to see the new rear bumper on, and hopefully meet you in person at a wheeling trip somewhere. Keep doin what your doin! :headbang:
Thanks a lot man. Glad I can be an inspiration :eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Added a Dual USB Port and took out the Aux Plug that hasn't worked since I replaced the Head Unit years ago. Got the idea from a Thread on here I saw, but didn't do it exactly that way. I found a Port already assembled, and it just popped right in place. A little Tech Update for the X! I'm eyeing some new Head Units as well.

Aux Plug is No More:

Dual USB:

Where did you find that preassembled? Thats what I need!!

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #286
Where did you find that preassembled? Thats what I need!!
I got it from my friends audio accessory store. They get it from some distributor so I'm not sure exactly. I can get you one if you want one. Send a PM

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Got everything finished...

Fit Jerry Cans, Mounted Quickfists for the Axe and Shovel, Tied Air Line into Rear Bumper from Tank. Also added a Shut Off Valve up at the Compressor on the Tank side. Here's some pics.

Bumper:

Finished Off the OBA:

I have one more thing to test on the Bumper. I had Dave build me a removable Brace Arm the goes from the top of the Vertical Tube behind the Tire over to the Left Can Carrier to Mount my Maxtrax in the event I wanted to run only one Can and use the left Compartment for that. Will get pics of that up when I do it. Here's a shot of the Bumper with everything Mounted up and the Marker Lights on. I'm really digging it. Thanks again Dave!

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
So the final feature of my new Rear Bumper I've yet to showcase. Removable Arm that bolts to Vertical Pole behind the Tire, extends over to the left side of the Can Carrier to Mount my Maxtrax in. I'll also mount them in place to the Carrier down below so they're solid.

Better than before, since before I had no where to put them. I don't/won't carry them with me all the time, but it's nice to have a sure place to put them when in the event I wanted to bring them along:

Checked fitment on the Water Can too. All good:

·
on line
2,882 Posts
^^ Why thank you! Joe, Your rig just looks awesome! Now I want a green trasharoo so it all goes together too.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Got the Emblems done. Got the last forsaken bit of Plasti-dip off my truck.

Got all the Tape, Gunk, and Grime off, then stuck on the Emblems. And yes the Off Road Emblems stuck and held just fine to the Bedliner. The Hatch is all cleaned up now;

Might be a dumb question, but how do you remove the Emblems? I Plastic-dipped mine, but I had to tape around them leaving them on the car. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
^^Once you remove them, usually with a heat gun to soften the tape and glue holding them on, you cannot re use them unless you re tape the. To me it's less of a hassle to buy new ones, paint them before you remove them from the sheet, then put them on.

Those pics are of me removing old ones and putting on new ones.

·
Registered
61 Posts
^^Once you remove them, usually with a heat gun to soften the tape and glue holding them on, you cannot re use them unless you re tape the. To me it's less of a hassle to buy new ones, paint them before you remove them from the sheet, then put them on.

Those pics are of me removing old ones and putting on new ones.
Might sound like another dumb question, but how did you keep the black lettering in the Nissan Emblem looking so perfect? I painted over mine hoping I can just peel off the plastidi to uncover the black, but the black on the letters are peeling off now.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
Might sound like another dumb question, but how did you keep the black lettering in the Nissan Emblem looking so perfect? I painted over mine hoping I can just peel off the plastidi to uncover the black, but the black on the letters are peeling off now.
Hey I apologize for the delay, haven't signed on in forever. I used a black oil paint marker and just colored it in. It's sunken in so it was easy to fill it in and keep all the letters straight. It'd be extremely tough to do with plasti dip as you'd still have to peel it off in order to use the marker. I used paint on the emblem.

·
TNX Administrator
20,162 Posts
All (388) Photos placed into PB's Purgatory, have been Resurrected for this Thread! :thumbup:

281 - 300 of 334 Posts