Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Wanted to gauge interest on a possible group buy for iceco fridge/freezers.

iceco has made a name for themselves making a quality fridge with premium components. They use secop compressors exclusively.

Rather than everyone having to wait on a set number of units sold in order for the group buy to be valid, there would be a specific discount code.

one could purchase at said discount at their own convenience. The code, however, would only be good for a very limited time.

Please explore their site and let me know if you have any questions or comments.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
I don't have one, but the youtube guys on life OD seems to like theirs. For whatever thats worth.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been looking for a larger fridge. ARB has gotten a bit overpriced lately. This may be a good alternative.
Try and find some non sponsored reviews on YouTube. I didn’t find many negatives regarding the units. Customer service seems to be good, the units made in the US with fit and finish being nice. I have heard that some of the units from Amazon have arrived a little banged up cosmetically but that iceco has made it right with the customer. Haven’t read any issues regarding performance.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
3 weeks ago I would have been all over this. But I bought an Alpicool for half the price and dont regret it one bit.

That being said the Iceco units look real nice. Especially if you're looking for dual zone or other features beyond just an ice box.

·
Registered
245 Posts
This is pretty tempting. I wasn't planning to buy this year, I was thinking more along the lines of 2023 or 24, but I really like a couple of the Iceco products. I'm going to have to give this some serious thought.

What time line are we looking at here?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is pretty tempting. I wasn't planning to buy this year, I was thinking more along the lines of 2023 or 24, but I really like a couple of the Iceco products. I'm going to have to give this some serious thought.

What time line are we looking at here?
Really depends on feedback here. As of right now, feedback has been alright. Frankly, I expected more as there hasn’t been a group buy on a product like this before but oh well.

I am still working on details with them but I am thinking sometime in October?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Really depends on feedback here. As of right now, feedback has been alright. Frankly, I expected more as there hasn’t been a group buy on a product like this before but oh well.

I am still working on details with them but I am thinking sometime in October?
Xterra owners are notorious tightwads, so it might take some time for people to come fwd. I will definitely be giving this some serious thought and will monitor this thread.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Appreciate the feedback Jim. If for whatever reason the code isn’t good for all models, I will make sure to suggest that one.

·
Registered
2008 Xterra Off Road
111 Posts
I would also be interested in a small one for my Tacoma, depending on discount. The Xterra already has a built in Dometic whivch I really love. At the time I got it, I only considered Dometic or ARB as they have really solid reputations. I kind of looked down my nose at IceCo. They are MUCH cheaper. But if y’all are saying they’re good, I’d be willing to try.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts