Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on line
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been able to pinpoint or isolate exactly when it happens but seems as if I get, not a deep one, but like a metallic grinding sound from somewhere in the front end when the ABS kicks in on say if the wheels are slipping. We just really gotten to use the 4wd for the 1st time this w/e and didn;t hear it so I'm ruling out anything w? the transfercase (had to have a couple of seals replaced a lil while back). I was trying to listen to see if it may be the ABS pump or something but when it happens it"s too brief to really catch it and of course I haven't been able to intentionally replicate it. Anyone have something similar or an idea of where to look?

·
on line
1,574 Posts
completly normal. it happens with ABS as stated above. youll really hear it coming to a stop sign in the snow. the noise sould also be a red flag that yor driving a little too harsh for the conditions. but hey, thts wat makes it fun. :compress:

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Well if you know how to make it do it and you want to rule out the ABS or see if that is it. Just pull the ABS fuse, (Don't worry about all the dash lights when you hit the brake it will all work when you re install the fuse) see my ABS switch MOD for more info. I have mine switched.
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1750&highlight=abs+switch MC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts