Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
on line
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today the Grill guard came in. Ordered it from SuvXccessory for $329. Came in in about 8 business days and delivered by what seemed to be their own shipping company (even though on the order form I picked UPS). The piece is as one so the box was pretty big and heavy too.

still sealed... Came perfectly packaged and protected (though the box had a huge rip in it)

the parts that were included..

well i didnt have time to take more pix of the grill being fully installed but installation wasnt easy due to the lame instructions provided but with my dad anything is possible. Will soon post pix of the grill and should get the rear bumper tomorrow too, so look forward to updates[/img]

·
on line
623 Posts
cool man, let's see the pix once its on! :cheers:

i got mine delivered today as well, should have it installed by tomorrow evening. i'll post the pic once ready.

i got mine for $279 with free delivery; took about 4 days to get here.
________
Bondage Cam

·
on line
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where did you order? one piece? chrome or black?

·
on line
238 Posts
Juntao,

Man, I wish you would have seen my ad in the swap meet. I live about 2 hours north of you and have a Nissan brush guard for available. No dings or anything. It's sitting in my dining room right now. I was actually going to pm you about it after MC said something to me this weekend, but didn't get to it.

Dan

·
on line
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
juntao said:
NyCXterra said:
where did you order? one piece? chrome or black?
got it from eBay...link below. it's black. the headlight pieces can be taken off, so it's basically three components.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Niss...001QQitemZ110094783177QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
yea i saw that same thing when i was looking for a grill guard but it turned me off because of the nickel finish bolts and nuts. btw good luck trying to take the passanger side towing hook off, maybe it was just be but the bolts were super tight there.

but over all they somewhat look the same. the only difference is that yours has 2 bars where the hood opening is, mine has one. And here the headlight pieces are actually welded to the whole frame only thing that can be taken off are the small bars that run in the headlight part...

but take some pix i wanna see how your assembly goes..

·
on line
1,479 Posts
It does look nice on a yellow truck :geek:

·
on line
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well here are some pix of the grill (sorry if pix are a bit fuzzy, used phone. might post better ones later)

·
on line
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dragonplayboy said:
NYC I like yours cuz there's no SS hardware, I think I might get the same one... it's black so it's acceptable :)
thats the main reason why i ordered it due to the hardware... It would look amazing on your blackness.. you thinking about the rear 2?

·
TNX Administrator
20,254 Posts
See - these look real sharp & this is why I brought up the subject of somehow combining the upper part of this grill to the ShrockWorks Bumper.

·
on line
844 Posts
NyCXterra said:
thats the main reason why i ordered it due to the hardware... It would look amazing on your blackness.. you thinking about the rear 2?
front for sure, rear need more pics. this sold me on it though, I'm gonna get it. how bad was the install? pretty straightforward? does it bounce at all or anything when you hit bumps? is it noisy with wind or anything?

·
on line
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dragonplayboy said:
NyCXterra said:
front for sure, rear need more pics. this sold me on it though, I'm gonna get it. how bad was the install? pretty straightforward? does it bounce at all or anything when you hit bumps? is it noisy with wind or anything?
install was pretty straight forward, you will just need another person to hold up the guard while you place the bolts. Does not bounce since its held in 2 locations, one at the bottom of the car frame the other by the hood.

heres a website picture of the rear
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/xccessory_1938_5945501

and heres of another style

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Niss...019QQitemZ290084895708QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

heres one from waag

http://www.waag.com/rearbumperguard/images/xterrablackrearbumper.jpg

and also found one more
heres an image

http://www.ustruckaccessorieswhse.com/wes-r-bumper-xterra.jpg
and heres where u can get this type
http://ustaw.com/us/ASP.detail/quantity.1/PRODUCT_ID.WET48-0103.275019/c.0/su/BumperGuard.htm

well as you can see there are plenty out there.. as soon as i get my rear i will try and take some detailed pix for you..

·
on line
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
this sucks big time. I did an order for the front and rear guards, the front came earlier this week and the rear were missing. I emailed the manufacturer and their response is :

"The Aries Offroad Rear Bumper Guard – Black is being painted. Hopefully will ship out next week. I will follow up and let you know. I apologize for the confusion and inconvenience.

Thank you for shopping with us."

This pissed me off considering I ordered them both the 8th of this month. Im going to try and get something out of them...

·
on line
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
had a small problem this week. Noticed that the grill guard was shaking a bit when driving after further inspection i noticed that one of the support bracket screws were missing, im guessing due to the bumpy ride it got loose and fell out. Looked over to the side and the other was was also on its way out. What i did was i went over all of the screws and retightened them all. Will try to head to Homedepot maybe they will have # 14 x 1" screw.

·
on line
1,716 Posts
NyCXterra said:
had a small problem this week. Noticed that the grill guard was shaking a bit when driving after further inspection i noticed that one of the support bracket screws were missing, im guessing due to the bumpy ride it got loose and fell out. Looked over to the side and the other was was also on its way out. What i did was i went over all of the screws and retightened them all. Will try to head to Homedepot maybe they will have # 14 x 1" screw.
While you are at Home Depot you should probably get some Loc Tight and re-do all of the screws.

·
on line
25 Posts
Who makes the one pictures on Grey X here? It is different style than the one shown on the yellow X. Where do you get one?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts