Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just thought I'd sound off. I've been lurking here for a few days and finally decided to register. Nice place you've got here. :)

I'm currently in the market for a new or used X, depending on what I can find around here and what kind of prices I'll be able to get. Any advice on what I should be paying or a link to a thread with some info about it would be welcome.

Right now I have a 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V (a mouthful) so I'm not a stranger to the Nissan community. After 5 years with the Spec I think it's time for something with more room and flexibility, and since I've liked the Xterra since its debut I'm finally going to get one. After looking through all the picture threads here I'm hoping that happens sooner rather than later. :D

Anyway, hello to everone!

Here are a few pics of my current car for anyone interested. As you can imagine, it has unrivaled off-road capabilities.

·
TNX Administrator
20,248 Posts

·
on line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I went and traded the Sentra in tonight and drove home an 08 S 4x4 in Night Armor. I've only ever owned small sport-compact-ish cars so it's gonna take some getting used to, but I can already tell I'm gonna love this thing. :bom:

·
on line
2,004 Posts
Welcome, enjoy the truck, u won't regret it!

·
on line
443 Posts
I just got a used 05 X in December and I love it. Be prepaired to pay more at the pump. :) But you really wont mind.

·
on line
671 Posts
Congrats!
Don't expect the mileage your used to though!
But, you'll be able to go places you've only dreamed about!
Beware the mod bug bites hard!

·
on line
58 Posts
welcome - thats awesome! I was getting ready to offer up mine!

·
on line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
squawbanger said:
Beware the mod bug bites hard!
Oh believe me, I know all about that. That's how I ended up with an intake, header, exhaust, coilovers, lower tie bar and panhard bar on the Sentra. I had a hell of a time getting all that stuff off last weekend before I traded it in. :)

I got this thing just in time, oddly enough. I bought it on Monday, then Tuesday we got 6.4" of rain in 24 hours, and it's still raining. The road to my apartment is under a foot of water and the Sentra never would have made it. I've been having a lot of fun with it in the X though. Must be the luck of the Irish, since I got it on St. Patty's day.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts