Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I've been lurking for a week or so, and I'm impressed with all of the helpful information that's available here. I'm especially pleased that this is a whole site devoted to the New X -- it's nice to have our own area and not be lumped in with the older generation.

I bought my new X a couple of weeks ago, and I love it! It's a 2007 S 4x4 with Night Armor exterior and tan interior, and it has 30,000 miles. I traded in a 1994 Mitsubishi Montero with 210,000 miles, and it's so nice to have a new vehicle again.

Looking through all of the pics and how-to's has me thinking of all sorts of fun (and expensive) mods. I think good tires (KO's or Revo's) are the first mod, and I'm also looking at a mild lift (probably Calmini spacers and shackles). After that, the sky's the limit.

After living in Colorado for 6 years, I'm really looking forward to getting out on all of the great backcountry roads here. There are at least 8 roads within 5 miles of downtown Aspen, and I'll be driving them as soon as the snow clears somewhat. Heck, I could probably get out there while the snow's still here!

Anyway, I'm glad to be here, and I hope to catch up with like-minded folks for some wheeling. See you on the trail!

Jason

·
on line
10,980 Posts
JZUpper said:
Looking through all of the pics and how-to's has me thinking of all sorts of fun (and expensive) mods.
I know exactly what you mean ... I discovered this site when I was researching my new car choice (I just bought myself an '08 Off Road, also in Night Armor - traded up from a '94 Bronco with 160k miles).

Anyway, welcome ... enjoy the site. And enjoy the wheeling around Aspen; I've never been myself, but read a thread someone put together (edit - found it: check out the 2nd post from Rastaman in this thread) regarding a trail or two around there. My parents have a place in Carbondale ... I'd love to spend some more time in that valley, but for the time being I'm stuck out here in CA - though admittedly it's pretty hard to complain about living on the San Francisco peninsula.

-Jonathan

·
on line
671 Posts
Welcome to thr forum!
Beware of the mod bug.
It bites hard!

·
TNX Administrator
20,246 Posts

·
on line
97 Posts
Welcome, and if you ever venture into the Denver area there are a few of us that would be happy to wheel with you...

·
on line
2,573 Posts
Welcome to the club

Nice place you live in.
It's been over 8 years since I've been back to Aspen. Last time I was there I was doing a ski test for a couple mags.

Hope to get back there some day again

1 - 19 of 19 Posts