Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd pop in and say hi!

My name is Jacob and though I'm still very new to the offroading community, I've already started to make some changes to my X. Only current offroad mod would be my new tires (LT265/75/R16 General Grabber AT2's). I'm looking to add on rock-sliders next.

Not necessarily offroad related but I also added a couple of radios. Details are in my signature.

As far as wheeling goes, the only major run I've done so far was Crawling for a Cure up in Monson, MA this past Autumn which was a ton of fun; even if I was only allowed to go on the "Green trail" and not the "Blue" or "Black" Trails.

Attachments

Reactions: Hamman

·
TNX Veteran
4,037 Posts
Welcome! Tires and sliders are a great start - probably best for your first couple mods. And those tires look good!

When I got my X back in May I had never had a truck or gone off-road really as well. It is addicting. Prepare to open your wallet, especially if you spend a lot of time on this site...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I'm waiting for my wallet to start hurting very soon. Though, it'll probably have to wait until after my wedding in Spring 2018.

Right now I'm just on the hunt for places to go wheeling since all trails in New York state that aren't privately owned are owned by the state/counties and are off-limits.

The best I've been able to do is occasionally com across an unpaved public ROAD that has some decent sized mod bogs after a rain.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome I'm right next door in Selden. LIX hasn't been too active but there are still a handful of us that actively stay in touch and wheel. Hopefully see you around town.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi!

My name is Jacob and though I'm still very new to the offroading community, I've already started to make some changes to my X. Only current offroad mod would be my new tires (LT265/75/R16 General Grabber AT2's). I'm looking to add on rock-sliders next.

Not necessarily offroad related but I also added a couple of radios. Details are in my signature.

As far as wheeling goes, the only major run I've done so far was Crawling for a Cure up in Monson, MA this past Autumn which was a ton of fun; even if I was only allowed to go on the "Green trail" and not the "Blue" or "Black" Trails.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome I'm right next door in Selden. LIX hasn't been too active but there are still a handful of us that actively stay in touch and wheel. Hopefully see you around town.
Just look for the antennas! Would you happen to know if there are any meetups around here? I had seen another long island offloading club site that said they meet at a restaurant in Lake Grove one or twice a month.

Is there anything like that on here?

Also, what offloading events does LIX usually go to?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts