Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
on line
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i need gps like i need aanother *******, then again....Anyways. Who has what? I was in a mercedes the other day and loved the in dash unit, there was an arrow on the scren on a map showing us where we were and moved with the map. Very cool. I think next time i blow money i might get a toy like that. So whats out there in the next gen X's now?

·
on line
1,479 Posts
I have a cobra GPSM2500 pretty cool unit i am very happy with it
only thing is that it doesn't have a trail capture option so it is not ideal for off road navigation cheap price thought

·
on line
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
max6spd......thas like what id want.......sweet. Cost? Radio too?

Muzik....more or less for the ehll of it is why i want it. But it would be cool to be able to see where i am on a trail, for shits and giggles. Yours is a little over the top for me though. I dont want to take up a bunch more space with it like yours.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Personally, I would get the Garmin GPS60CSx. It will do street navigation (though no voice nav) if you buy/load the street maps. It will do trails if you install the Topo map and it's hand held.

·
on line
551 Posts
If you had asked me 3 months ago, I'd have agreed with you on the Garmin 60CSX. Now with the Delorme Earthmate PN-20 out, I am leaning towards it. Sat imagery, quad maps, (both for a small fee and a credit towards them when buying the unit) Topo USA and soon Street Atlas from what I understand. The specs of the unit appear to be similar to the Garmin, and price is way cheaper. Just having the quad maps on a GPS unit makes it interesting for off road. As with any new unit, there are bugs, but Delorme tech support appears to be on top of things.
www.delorme.com

·
on line
178 Posts
I just got my Garmin Street Pilot 2730 and I love the damn thing. It does XM Radio and XM Traffic.

·
on line
123 Posts
I'm looking at picking up the Magellan Crossover GPS. It will give me great street turn by turn directions and it will work on the trails for offroading, trails for hiking, and slopes for skiiing and using the MountainDynamics.com product.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Wait, someone is making (or made) a hand held unit that uses 1:24K topo maps? I'm there...

I need another GPS like I need a hole in my head. :)

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Let me see if I have anything planned for Sunday and let me see if I can find a few other people that want to go out (unless you can get Dan and/or MC to come out). I'll let you know tomorrow. Maybe we could hit Ligonier.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts